IGNORED

Planet Bob - Introducing Beach Head Part 2

RSS Bot

Hi there!

So, I made it! I just beat the game on skill level 2! Just as I thought, one has to skip the cave scene! I did sink the carrier though and even then I made it to the beach with 4 ships. It took 4 tanks to take out the cannon, so I still had plenty in reserve :)

Next I'll try skill level 3... :ponder:

Time for a spoiler warning: I have a picture of the games end coming below! Don't scroll there if you want to try for yourself first!

But one after another... last time we stopped by the cave, so next comes the anti-aircraft scene:

Beach5.gif

It's pretty simple actually. Shoot the planes, before they manage to bomb your ships. It's some happy shooting scene, only overshadowed by the simple fact that there's only one plane at a time and that Epyx did that same "event" ten times better in their "Destroyer" game in 1986, so that I have a hard time going back to this one.

Right after that, we play a different game, but on the very same screen! See those ships in the background? They now start gunning you and you have to return fire. Also the carrier (Remember, that's were all those nasty planes came from!) will try to escape! This part plays pretty good once again. It's sorta like a realtime 3D version of Artillery Duel.

Finally we reach da beach:

Beach6.gif

Yet completely another scene again, this one plays a bit like Zaxxon. The screen scrolls right at a given speed, while you try to find your way through all obstacles, shooting enemy vehicles and guns in your way. Pretty good as well.

Reaching your main enemy: The evil gun!

Beach7.gif

Go shoot all the little targets in a special order, always aiming for the current white one! While you do so, the gun is slowly turning towards you until KABOOM! You're bits and pieces...

That means going all the way again with the next tank and continue where the one before it got destroyed.

Don't give up though and finally, they will surrender:

Beach8.gif

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1907