IGNORED

Shannon's Blog - Awecades - Wish List Pt. 3 (Activision Anthology)

RSS Bot

OK.. I could probably name a million things that I wish for the awecades. Some of them in control of the awecades team. Some of them not. Some of them just simply not feasible. Anyways I'll just try to stick to the achievable for now. After all I do not want to scare anyone off. I'm sure that with time other cabinet types will become available for the more particular among the crowd. :D

I chose to do this one now in parallell with my runover of Pak 3 (The Atari Pak). What better to compliment an Atari 2600 Pak than all the 2600 Activision titles?

Assuming that the pak's follow the same pattern as classic pak's released on the PC. I would presume that the game list would consist of the following. I'm pulling this list from the Activision Anthology for the GBA and the PS2. Why you ask? Because the PS2 version contains the much wanted Imagic titles and the GBA version contains a few homebrews. Which kinda spoils one of my surprise wish list items, but a little repitition wouldn't hurt.

"The games please!", you say. :D

(Actervision)

Barn Storming, Baseball, Beamrider, Bloody Human Freeway, Boxing, Bridge, Checkers, Chopper Command, Commando, Cosmic Commuter, Crackpots, Decathlon, Dolphin, Dragster, Enduro, Fishing Derby, Freeway, Frostbite, Grand Prix, H.E.R.O., Ice Hockey, Kabobber, Kaboom!, Keystone Kapers, Laser Blast, Megamania, Oink!, Pitfall!, Pitfall 2, Plaque Attack, Pressure Cooker, Private Eye, River Raid, River Raid 2, Robot Tank, Seaquest, Skate Boardin', Skiing, Sky Jinks, Space Shuttle, Spider Fighter, Stampede, Starmaster, Tennis, Titlematch Pro Racing, Tomcat: The F14 Flight Simulator, Thwocker

(Imagic games on previous anthologies)

Atlantis, Demon Attack, Moonsweeper

(Imagic games I'd like to see)

Cosmic Ark, Dragonfire, Fathom, Fire Fighter, Laser Gates, No Escape!, Quick Step!, Riddle Of The Sphinx, Shootin' Gallery, Sky Patrol, Solar Storm, Star Voyager, Subterranea, Trick Shot

(Homebrew)

Climber 5, Vault Assault, Okie, Oystron, Skeleton+, Space Treat Deluxe, Video Euchre

A few game comments...

Cosmic Commuter - Probably not very well known, but a real fun game non-the-less. Your a astrobus driver who must pick up passengers and safely return them to your rocket module.

Decathlon - Not a real big fan of this one, but it's probably ideal for use with the awecade controls.

Kaboom! - This game is pure reflex and should certain be pretty playeable (finally) on something besides and original Atari with the awecade spinner. Ka Ka Ka Boooom!

Subterranea - Played this in the Atari 2600 highscore contest and it's a pretty fun game! Something to do with flying a "Cave Ranger", shooting Aerobots, getting the treasure crystal, and flying through electro-gates and transit ports! Although this was never included with any Activision Anthology. It'd sure be nice to see.

Trick Shot - Only pool game that I know of for the 2600.. Why not?

I'd say something about the homebrew games but I've never really played any of the ones in the anthology. From what I understand though these are top notch homebrews!

blog-3211-1156662940.png

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1913