HTW15.BIN

Features:

htw14.asm 08/24/06

- Added arrow shot cut scene.

htw15.asm 08/28/06

- Added footsteps

- Added arrow shot sound FX.

To Do:

- Expand Wumpus clues so they appear in all rooms that are within 1 or 2 rooms of the Wumpus.

- Add death music and victory music.

- Add cut scenes for Wumpus death, Pit death, arrow shooting, and victory.

- Add title screen and music. (started)

- Add in-game sound effects.

- Add difficulty levels and level selection.

- Add bank switching code to allow 8K ROM.

Known Issues:

- Firing the arrow at the Wumpus is still quirky.

- There is still one scanline of unwanted black lines at the top of the screen that I haven't cleared out yet, but the rest of the lines are gone.

- Most of the scanline bounce has been cleaned up. There are still a couple frames in the death scene that are not 262 scanlines.

- There are artifacts in the teeth of the death scene that need to be cleaned up.

Development Notes:

This is growing into an 8K game, so I can add a lot more detail into the cut scenes, music, sound FX, etc. 4K is getting too crowded.

I'm not sure about the footsteps. I'll leave them in there and see if they grow on me. Your player is supposed to be an expert beastie exterminator, and all this thumping around seems out of character for a ranger. I may make the footsteps more subtle.

I want to focus on cleaning up the teeth in the death scene so I can have a nice screenshot for the game. It's time to make a formal AtariAge In Development submission. :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1919