IGNORED

Ick! First pics of redesigned US XBOX controller

Adrian M

I don't like the existing Xbox controller, so I think this will be a big improvement. I've used the Japanese controller (we have several at work) and it's much better, in my opinion. It's smaller, lighter, the trigger buttons have weaker springs, and the colored buttons are much easier to use (and not made of the same hard plastic, either).

..Al

Ebgames is taking pre-orders for the redesigned US version of the XBOX controller. Essentially the same thing as the the JAP version (except with the US version of the XBOX jewel logo in the center), this retails for the same as the superior original version and should be out in April. Sadly, the button placements are the same as the JAP version.

EB preorder for new XBOX pad

219506.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by Greg @ TAT:

You know what REALLY bugs me about the Xbox's controllers? WHY is the "X" button BLUE instead of GREEN like the whole logo? That TOTALLY doesn't make any sense. The "X" button should be GREEN!

Ha ha! Now that is funny. I can't imagine this wasn't a conscious decision on Microsoft's part. Why they would do such a thing is absolutley beyond me. Well, I guess maybe they did it so when you see a Blue X in a game, you know they're referring to the button. And when you see a Green X, it's probably the XBox logo. Maybe they didn't want the two to be confused?

..Al