IGNORED

PS1 Emulation

Foxsolo2000

Correct me if I am wrong but is there a PS1 emulation out there that works? I have looked at a number of emulation sites that claim they have PS1 emulators but gaining access is a pain in itself so can anyone recommend any good sites? ;)

Correct me if I am wrong but is there a PS1 emulation out there that works? I have looked at a number of emulation sites that claim they have PS1 emulators but gaining access is a pain in itself so can anyone recommend any good sites? ;)

There are several that work, I have one on CD somewhere (I'll have to find the CD and I'll edit this post later with the name of it) that works excellent, I simply pop in the cd, run the emu, put in a ps1 cd, and presto I'm playing ps1 on my computer. All the ps1 games I have (and granted its not that many as I never have been a big fan) all worked fine/

Okay I found the CD with the emulator on it so as promised I'm editing this post. the name of the PSX emulator that I use and like is called "Virtual Game Station PC PSX Emulator" one of the features I like about it, is besides running the program and playing the PS CD on your computer, is the ability to make a autoboot cd of the PS game that will run on your computer without having to run the emulator at all.

Edited by iratanam

• 2 weeks later...
Several years ago I purchased Connectix's Virtual Game Station, the only authorized PSX emulator (AFAIK). It worked well but doesn't look as good as a PSOne. (Were there quality differences between real PSX and PSOne?) There is only a limited choice of game controller types (keyboard, joystick, and basic digital gamepad, (IIRC) that work with VGS and there is no force feedback support.

I don't know if you can find Virtual Game Station any longer. Connectix stopped selling it after about two years of production. Rumor was Sony bought the line to squish it out of existence. Possibly because VGS can run "backup" copies of CD's and also mounted images.

- Steve Sheppard

I found the emulator several years back in one of the emu newsgroups, I sent Fox a copy, haven't heard as to any problems he's had with it. Myself I never had any, it seemed to run all the games I tried perfectly, granted I never tried hooking in a PS controller (I always used the keyboard) so as far as limited feedback through a PS controller I can't say. As I said in my above post it allows you to put it on a cd with like 3 files from a PS disk, and presto you have a PS to Computer bootable cd, I always took from that feature that it overlooked copy protection since it would allow you to make bootable cd's. Again this was a feature I never tried. At the time I found it in the ng's I was in a phase of collecting and and all emulators I could get my hands on which now I have long since abandoned. It was really a waste of space for me as I only owned like 2-4 PS games and was never a fan of PS. I never even bothered getting a PS2, call me stupid, but I just never could get into them, just something about PS I never liked I guess. As far as differences between a PS and PSOne. If I remember correctly the PSOne had less memory or something than a regular PS, as I had a neighbor that had a PSOne and several games and some of the games would not run on the PSOne, saying something like not enough memory or something like that.

Edited by iratanam

• 2 weeks later...

Psx v1.8 is my favorite Playstation emulator. Although it still requires the Playstation bios, it doesn't require various plugins that the others do. More recently the emulator supports Vib Ribbon. :)

Playstation emulation is far from perfect, but it has come a long way. You can find most of the emulators & plugins at http://www.ngemu.com/psx and the various bios at http://membres.lycos.fr/emulsysteme/archives/bios/

//Off topic//

I never really paid much attention to the Playstation when it was still alive and strong. What are everyone's favorite games for this console? I'm pretty big into 2-D platform games and innovative games with fairly simple gameplay and cute/colorful graphics. I love twitch games and just about anything psychedelic. I'm not so good with RPGs unless they have a very engaging story or they are the Action/RPG type where you actually get to play the game.

The PSX games that I have been playing (via emulation) recently are Umihara Kuwase Shun, Vib Ribbon, : Door to Phantomile, Internal Section, and Strider 2.

Psx v1.8 is my favorite Playstation emulator. Although it still requires the Playstation bios, it doesn't require various plugins that the others do. More recently the emulator supports Vib Ribbon. :)

Playstation emulation is far from perfect, but it has come a long way. You can find most of the emulators & plugins at http://www.ngemu.com/psx and the various bios at http://membres.lycos.fr/emulsysteme/archives/bios/

This is the PSX emulator I use and it works great. I've never been able to get the various plug ins to work correctly in PSX emulation :sad: so this was what I needed. :D

This is the PSX emulator I use and it works great. I've never been able to get the various plug ins to work correctly in PSX emulation :sad: so this was what I needed. :D

Look for Virtual Game Station PC PSX Emulator it's a great emulator if you can find it

I downloaded Psx v1.8 just to try the only PS1 game I got, WCW Vs. The World. It worked fine until I started a game, then it would pause, play the game a few seconds, pause, play the game a few seconds, over and over. I tried a different BIOS rom and fixing the emulator, but got the same result.

Then I tried ePSXe, and that worked great after figuring out how to make it not play the game too fast. Worked fine with my Logitech Wingman Rumblepad for the controller.

Now all I need is some PS1 games (hate the one I have).

I downloaded Psx v1.8 just to try the only PS1 game I got, WCW Vs. The World. It worked fine until I started a game, then it would pause, play the game a few seconds, pause, play the game a few seconds, over and over. I tried a different BIOS rom and fixing the emulator, but got the same result.

Then I tried ePSXe, and that worked great after figuring out how to make it not play the game too fast. Worked fine with my Logitech Wingman Rumblepad for the controller.

Now all I need is some PS1 games (hate the one I have).

Each of the PSX emulators has its own compatibility problems. You may want to keep a copy of each; if one won't play your game, another just might.

ePSXe never seems to shut down properly on my PC. A few times when I have noticed decreased performance on my machine, I have opened the task manager to find multiple copies of ePSXe running in the background. :|

• 2 weeks later...