IGNORED

Something for modern console designers

DiggDugg

I think there should be some wood paneling finish or todays systems, I miss that from the 2600, I like the way my 2600 looks. Also there should be more swithces on consoles I like that about he Atari 2600. I know in todays world a system design like the 2600's wouldn't even last a week, but I like it. May be I should put some wood panel wall paper strip on my NES see how it looks. Yes, I know the NES is not modern but I don't have a PS2 or XBOX and such.

quote:

Originally posted by DiggDugg:

I think there should be some wood paneling finish or todays systems, I miss that from the 2600, I like the way my 2600 looks. Also there should be more swithces on consoles I like that about he Atari 2600. I know in todays world a system design like the 2600's wouldn't even last a week, but I like it. May be I should put some wood panel wall paper strip on my NES see how it looks. Yes, I know the NES is not modern but I don't have a PS2 or XBOX and such.

If I recall correctly, the Sega Saturn was presented to the gaming press back in early 1994 constructed out of wood. The case looked exactly like the final product and was even painted gray/silver like the Japanese final version.

I wonder if those early prototype versions still exist somewhere?