IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Late night gaming,getting old,and other things.

RSS Bot

I must be getting old.There was a time when i could stay up late,i mean really late,and play some video games.Now a days late for me is 1:00am and that is pushing it.I got older(somewhat wiser i hope)and i cant do it anymore.I need sleep.Now my wife she is worst than i am.She needs to be in bed no later than 9:00pm and will sleep all day if i would let her(i dont,i take great delight in making her get up early).I was think about when i was younger and had got my first Atari and how i could stay up untill 7:00am playing games and then take a nap and be good to go for the day.I miss thoses days.I got a lot of gameplay in.It sucks to get older.Your mind wants to go but sometimes your body cant.Am not old-old.Am 35 yers old for Pick-Ax Petes sake but between my work,personal life,and other adventures i just get tired.Oh,well at lest i get days off during the week.Thats when i find i do most of my gaming.Which is perfect because the wife is at work and my dogs(i have 3)are sleeping or outside.And benig older means i can buy my own games(or my wife can buy them for me.lol.).

You may of notice i made a Odyssey2 referance when i said "for Pick-Ax Petes sake"Pick- Ax Pete is one of those little gems that was as far as i know only on the Odyssey2 game system.I got to play this game sometime ago.(Thanks Neonesmaster)This game is great.If you havent play it then you should.When i get my Odyssey2(someday soon i hope)i will be picking this title up.

I got Beefdrop for the 7800 and Wolfinstein VCS:The next mission yesterday in the mail.They are awesome.Great going and good job to all those who worked on these games.

I got some very cool AtariAge magnets yesterday as well.They get a place of honor in our kitchen on our refrigarator for all to see.lol.I need to get some more of these so i can cover the whole frige.lol.

Does anyone own the Classic Video Games Price Guide by David Ellis?I do.My wifes aunt bought for me for my brithday in april shortly after i had got back into the classic gaming community.Its a handy little book to have.Covers the Atari systems,Colecovision,Intellivision,Arcade,and more.

Saving up the pennies for some more HomeBrew goodness.LadyBug,Rainbow Invaders,Spectar,Astro Invader,Go Fish!,This Planet Sucks!,and Pleiades are sitting high on the to get list.

Found a playable Star Castle game on-line.Sucks to play with a key board and touch pad.I need to find myself a copy of this for my Vectrex.WebWars too.

Well thats it hope you enjoyed my Blog today if anyones reading it.Just filled with my random thoughts and rants as normal.So to everyone.........

"Play Atari today and everyday."

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1926