IGNORED

Someone got the skills to FIX Wall Defender?

VF-Gal

Most hacks here are not bad! :) I played lots of them. Most are graphically though. Well, I love the game Wall Defender of Bomb and changed the alien graphics myself. But as with most hacks this does not serve any real purpose and what I really want to do I cannot.

Admitted, everyone can do graphic swaps with the comfy Bithacker tool. But what I desperately wish for like half of my life is someone would fix the collision bug on enemies incoming from the upper or lower side of the playfield in this (my most played) 2600 game. That is even the direction from where sometimes the only type of enemies come that can destroy the shelter with just one touch, the super mega monster, while normal enemies from left and right need 7 touches.

The bug occurs so often in later levels, making it dependant on "I hope its not a super mega monster that my shot will randomly miss", ruining the entire game. :sad:

Maybe it*s just a very little bit of actual code change, but as it may be hard to find in the code, I think this would be an actual programmer's job.

But finally a hack that would serve a real purpose. So, if someone thinks he is capable, please grant us players a bug free Wall-Defender.

P.S.: Bomb didn*t take it so exactly with collisions it seems. In Z-Tack, some of the cities do not explode either at first shot, but its rather a challenge than a game soiling bug.