IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Will someone please do something interesting?

RSS Bot

I really think yesterday's "Non Sequitur" comic strip really states about the state of my life right now. Nothing really all that much to talk about, except from the fact that some new (read: old, common for all you avid collectors) Atari 2600 games are coming my way thanks to a couple of nice people. I have no choice but to get them through the internet, because no used video game store stocks them anymore. Taped Jay Leno's headlines last night. He's finally back from reruns, and the funniest one was a classified ad that said "If you got hit in the head with a tomato back in the 1950's, please contact me." Why would you spend that money and actually think someone would contact this person? I mean, I bet lots of people got hit in the head with a tomato in the 1950's, especially if they were in that tomato throwing festival they have in Spain every year (I think this was an American newspaper, though). Butthead summed the state of the human race in a quote I use almost every day from "Beavis & Butthead Do America.": "Some people are stupid." I won't go so far as the H.L. Mencken quote about 95% of the people being stupid, but if this keeps up, in about 50 years, it'll probably be true. And I'll probably be in a nursing home saying stuff like "Back when I was a kid, people weren't as stupid! Get yourself to school! I had to walk 5 miles in the snow to get to school because my parents forced me to!"

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1929