IGNORED

Austin Game Conference

Bruce Tomlin

I know it's not cheap ($400), but is anyone else going to the Austin Game Conference next week?

I wouldn't have, except getting RIFfed means that I'll actually have the time to go to it, and I really need to do something like this just for the hell of it. I've been told there isn't going to be any classic games oriented stuff there, but I think I'm more interested in the casual games angle.

http://www.gameconference.com/

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

I know it's not cheap ($400), but is anyone else going to the Austin Game Conference next week?

I wouldn't have, except getting RIFfed means that I'll actually have the time to go to it, and I really need to do something like this just for the hell of it. I've been told there isn't going to be any classic games oriented stuff there, but I think I'm more interested in the casual games angle.

http://www.gameconference.com/

I never even heard of it until you just mentioned it and then I choked on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich when I confirmed the price. $400? $350 if one is a student.

That gets one into all four events. Why can't I get a ticket for $100 to just go to one? :(

Dang, I'd like to go to that. Maybe if I purchased a table they'd let me in for free! heh.

Dang, I'd like to go to that. Maybe if I purchased a table they'd let me in for free! heh.

Table? It's not a collector convention. It's for people in the industry. I actually have some interest in making games, which is why I can justify it.

Yeah, it was a joke. :) It's why I used the universal "heh."

For me to justify the expense, my interest in making games, in the italicized sense, would have to be far less outweighed by my lack of expertise in doing so. :(

Edited by Mezrabad

• 2 weeks later...