IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Labor Day is stupid.

RSS Bot

The first Monday in September is Labor Day here in the U.S. That means everything's closed: Government offices, schools, post office, garbage pickup. But the malls are still open. And that's one thing I'm sick of: Not getting mail on Labor Day. I mean, really. The letter carriers get Columbus Day off, but the rest of the government doesn't. And Labor Day is a stupid idea to begin with. Let's celebrate work by staying home from it! There's an old Garfield comic strip with the poem "Labor Day, Shmabor Day, what a dumb day/to hire some jerk, then send him away/to celebrate work by playing all day." Now Earth Day, that's a good idea for a holiday, but unfortunately, that fell by the wayside, as did Arbor Day. And you know what else Labor Day is famous for? The annual Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. 24 hours of absolutely no sleep for Jerry Lewis. Poor Jerry. If I were him, I'd shorten it to 12 hours for 2 days. Ah well, anyway, also kids go back to school, which I am happy about, cuz I live in a trailer park and they're out there playing and yelling, and that makes my stupid dog bark, which makes more noise. Personally, I like winter better than anything else. The nice cold weather makes for snow, and since we haven't had any for 2 straight winters here in Salem, I think we're due for a big snowstorm, and hopefully, we'll get one.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1950