IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - I suck at 2600 games.

RSS Bot

You could also put a comma between that and it would still be correct (I suck at 2,600 games. Well, it's way more than that, actually :) ) I don't know why I love them so much. I thought I was good at them. Maybe once something not foriegn to me comes up in the Atari 2600 High Score Club comes up again. Although I haven't played Space Jockey before, I was in the zone that week. And then along comes Road Runner and now Crossbow (I still think that first Crossbow score should count because it doesn't say in the rules of the game that you can't do what I did. It's a loophole, I know, but none-the-less.) I have to wait until sometime in November to have my challenge be on there (I won't say which game, and it's not anything you'd expect from me.) And then, I will rule the HSC again! *evil laugh* Here, now, is a list of games I am good at: Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS, Polarium, Yoshi (I think), Freeway, Space Jockey, Tetris, Pipe Dream, Super Mario Bros. 1, Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Quarth, Super Mario Land 2, Pin-Bot, Jeopardy, Tetris 2, and there's others I can't think of. Notice how 2 of those are for the Atari 2600. So why do I like the Atari 2600 even though I suck at the games for it? There's just something magical about the system. How games that have sucky graphics can be just very excellent games. Nowadays, it's all just the graphics and the game companies don't really care about the gameplay because they're spending too much time about the graphics. That's what I love about retro games. Back then, it was all gameplay. That's why games like Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3, Super Mario World and Tetris rule. Gameplay. Maybe that's the true reason why Atari 2600 rules. Because even though the graphics suck, the true spirit of video games (which isn't graphics) shines.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1970