IGNORED

Dreamcast 2 ? Will this be a reality?

JagMX

Came across this, seems like its going to happen, who knows maybe it will. Of course i know Adrian M will post something here saying that if it were tocome out it wont be better than XBOX, blah blah blah, i dont wanna hear it, really i dont, and no one else does..

DC2

quote:

Originally posted by JagHammer:

Came across this, seems like its going to happen, who knows maybe it will. Of course i know Adrian M will post something here saying that if it were tocome out it wont be better than XBOX, blah blah blah, i dont wanna hear it, really i dont, and no one else does..

Few things would make me happier. With Sega, who the heck knows, anyway? I was still shocked when they pulled the Dreamcast off the market.

i think somewhere on an interview some sega rep said that the idea of making hardware again isnt out of the question , just for the present and that someday they might release another hardware again but in the future it might not resemble a videogame system as we know it..... wish i could find that article/quote

Sega wouldn't release another DC, and I wouldn't want them to. I really loved the DC, but Sega are primarily a game maker, one of the best in the world I'm sure you'll agree. They just don't need the hardware sales hanging round their necks any more, leave that to the other fools.

No, Sega are going to be bigger and better than they've ever been as a multiplatform producer.

Everyone seems to think they lost out by giving up on the DC. Their share price rocketed as soon as they let it go!

I can't wait to see the next wave of Sega stuff - this is going to be their golden age.

I had never owned a Sega system (with the exception of the master system I got in a big lot) until the Dreamcast. Every review said if you were into sports titles Genesis was the console to get.... I'm not. I was a Nintendo kinda guy. When I played Soul Caliber at T'R'Us my outlook on Sega changed. I got the system shorty after and it's one of my favorite consoles! I might just have to go back and pick up a Genesis and a Saturn to see what I missed out on.

If Sega does put out another console I will get it. But I agree with liveinabin in that the reason I liked Sega was they were always willing to import games to the US that might not be a huge hit. As long as they keep releasing software...I'm happy

quote:

Originally posted by moycon:

I had never owned a Sega system (with the exception of the master system I got in a big lot) until the Dreamcast. ""Every review said if you were into sports titles Genesis was the console to get.... I'm not.""

This is very true, as 21 of my 40 Genesis games are sports titles

Its a pity Sonic Adventure 2 is such a dissapointing game. I just cringe when I see that running on GC playposts - your average joe is gonna think that GC graphics look like that.

i can't believe they didn't sort SA1's terrible camera issues out for the sequel, not to mention the voice acting...oh the voice acting. Sonic deserves better.