IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Dr. Evil for Game Boy Color

RSS Bot

Whenever absolutely nothing is going on in my life, I'll do game reviews. Here we go...

The good news is I didn't have to pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS for it (bites pinky finger), it only cost $4.99. The bad news is, well, it's weird. First off, it's not a game. Yes, there were non-games for Nintendo systems before the DS. Taboo for the NES is another example. Taboo is just plain freaky, but that's for another review. Back to Dr. Evil. Along with Austin Powers: Oh Behave!, both these games came out for the GBC way, way back in 1999, when I was enthralled with the South Park movie. But I digress again. Well, Dr. Evil's Welcome To My Underground Lair is not a game, it's more of a computer. That's right, and it runs Dr. Evil 2000, a Windows parody. And you press the B button to open the icons. This I discovered after feverishly trying to press the A button and clicking on various icons but only having a stupid screensaver show up. While I haven't fully gotten used to it, Ithere is a 'Notepad' like program, a calculator (Frickulator), a sound test with audio bytes from the movie (like "One Million Dollars!," "throw me a frickin' bone," etc. Well, I have to go. If you're an Austin Powers fan or just a weird game liker, this game's for you.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1983