IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - The sins of my youth.

RSS Bot

I remember getting and playing my very first Atari 2600 and with it buying and trading games to play lastest and greatest games at the time.I remember going to the store and picking out a game or opening one up for a brithday or christmas gift and tearing the box and manual up........

I can't even stomach the fact that when i was younger, i would do such a crazed act of destroying boxes and manuals or trading off great games like Piece O' Cake and PitFall!2 for Sneak n' Peek and Oink!Not that there is anythink wrong with thoses games but looking back in hindsight i should keep thoses games.All of thoses games and didnt throw away the boxes and manuals.I just cry now thinking about it.But back then who knew?Its one of thoses things that makes you wish for a time machine so you can go back and stop yourself. Trading away 3 or 4 games just to get one game you may or may not like seemed like a good ideal at that time but that was a big mistake.Now a days i hear this alot."Dont you wish you still had your first Atari and all of your games?"What am i going to say no.Its like everything i guess what was once cool becomes cool again.The classics dont die they just sneak back up on you and tap you on should and say"Am back!"Destroying all those boxes and manuals and trading all thoses games are just the sins of my youth.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1984