IGNORED

Shannon's Blog - Awecades - Wish List Pt. 9 (Sega Classics Pak 2)

RSS Bot

I forgot to mention in the previous coverage of the awecade paks that I was informed by Curt that sometime in the near future we should see a Thayer's Quest & Dragon's Lair III combo pak. Apparently there are a few kinks that they are trying to work out. Moving along...

Today's entry is the Sega Classics Pak 2. Idea based on well nothing.... But a list I compiled. This one took a little while cause I had to do some research first to get together a list.

So let's continue with the list. It consists of Sega's 16-bit, and better known, stuff.

Pre Sys 16

Quartet, Quartet 2, Space Harrier, Hang-On, Super Hang-On, Enduro Racer, Outrun, Turbo Out Run

Sega System 16A

Alex Kidd: The Lost Starts, Action Fighter, Fantasy Zone, SDI, Shinobi, Time Scanner, Tetris, Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair

Sega System 16B

Alien Syndrome, Altered Beast, Aurail, Bay Route, Cotton, Bullet, Dunk Shot, Dynamite Dux, Eswat Cyber Police, Flash Point, Golden Axe, Heavy Weight Champ. M.V.P., Passing Shot, Riot City, Sonic Boom, Toryumon, Tough Turf, Wrestle War

Outside of Sonic and the Genesis this is the Sega that people probably think of when the name comes up! I've never actually played these in an arcade, but here goes. Some comments

Space Harrier - My cousin was a real big fan of this game. It was a cool game to watch him play. This game has some neat visuals and is fun to play.

Outrun - Ok. I know that the awecade doesn't exactly have a steering wheel. But still! I have to mention this game that Sega is probably most popular for. It's a great racer that offers multiple paths.

Altered Beast, Golden Axe - Two more apparently big titles. I'd say more but I've never played them much beyond the first level.

Don't you just love my useless comments? ;):P Maybe I'll have to start adding pictures or something.

Until later...

blog-3211-1157959604.png

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1994