IGNORED

Planet Bob - Park Patrol

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Hm... well, I guess this could've been an "Introducing" entry as well. But I have some bigger plans regarding Park Patrol. In short, I'm thinking about porting it to the NES :)

There's dozens of things to sort out, so this will probably just be another momentarily toy project of mine, but we'll see how far it gets.

In case you've never heard or seen anything about Park Patrol, well, here you go:

pp.gif

You're a Park Ranger, keeping a Park tidy by collecting all kinds of garbage some people dropped there. See the Coca Cola cans? Yup! Those are to be collected in the first level.

Trust me, it's tons more fun than it sounds :lol:

Really. Look here if you think I'm kidding: ZZAP! 94%

Ok, besides that stellar Zzap! rating, I really, really, really just love this game :love:

Give it a try!

To me it's the last title that has the Activision feel. It originaly came out in 1984 and I think shortly after that the suits took over Activision, while the creative core left to form Accolade.

It's also relativly small a game. Being released on all formats, in its the purest cartridge form it's just 32K. Also it's nowhere maxing out the C64s capabilities, so I think it stays within the specs of the NES most of the time. At least while it's not doing more than 4 sprites in a row ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1998