IGNORED

Yet another Chuck E Cheese question

n8littlefield

Does anybody know of a place where I might find the arcade version of Hungry Hungry Hippos? My wife and I played it at a Chuck E Cheese a few years back in New Hamphire IIRC and loved it, it had arcade buttons to make the hippos eat and a dome over the game, and I think it might have dispensed tickets, but I'm not certain. I've never seen it anywhere else - anybody know where one might be found?

Hit an arcade auction in your area. Do a search on google for a local distrubtor and see if they know of one. If you get one at an auction, chances are it will go cheap. You don't care if it gives tickets, score, bells, etc. so you don't have to be really picky.

FTWIW, they have a video version one that breaks MUCH less often. In the arcade industry, moving parts=bad. Look how many pinball machines are still on location...too many service calls compared to the count-once-every two weeks touchscreen.

C

Does anybody know of a place where I might find the arcade version of Hungry Hungry Hippos? My wife and I played it at a Chuck E Cheese a few years back in New Hamphire IIRC and loved it, it had arcade buttons to make the hippos eat and a dome over the game, and I think it might have dispensed tickets, but I'm not certain. I've never seen it anywhere else - anybody know where one might be found?

If you are still in New Hampshire, Funspot has something like that on the second floor near the stairs to the classic arcade.

I don't know - I've never been to the S. Portland one - I'll have to check next time I'm in the big city :) Yeah - it's not a video game, just a big version of the real thing.

Then it most definitely is there. Lots of fun for the little ones, but once they hit 6 its a bit on the tame side. Now I hear this Funspot place in Winnepesaukee is possibly worth the trip.....

• 2 weeks later...