IGNORED

Shannon's Blog - Awecade pics (Part 3 of however many I feel like)

RSS Bot

OK here are some more odds & ends pictures...

Taking it apart! This is a picture of the bottom of the control panel after I removed it. I'm no expert but from what I can see everything is pretty clean. That little gray cord runs to the motherboard and connects to the USB port from a custom ICB. There is a black wire for the spinner that connect to a USB extension off of the motherboard.

2nd picture is a picture of the inside bottom of the cabinet. If you look it's quite roomy! My wife asked why there was so much empty space in there. At once I wanted to ask her why there was so much empty space in her head. But then I decided I valued my life more than the enjoyment of saying that. This picture is related to that white thingie you saw sticking out the front. I decided to stuff my own subwoofer in there for a little extra kick! :cool: Hmm maybe I could stick a Q*bert knocker in there... :lol: The white knob sticking out the front is a volume knob for the subwoofer. I took the time to also connect it to the internal speakers. Now I just need to find some velcro stuff to hold it in place.

The third picture is the back panel that you can take out. It's not the greatest pic, but hey... Notice it has a lock to keep out prying eyes. Just make sure you don't misplace those keys! It's a little hard to see but there is a little board behind it that sticks out, this locks it in place when it's in the unit.

Ok the last picture your probably looking at and wondering "What the...?". That's me playing burgertime on my xbox using the awecade control panel to play the game. :D The picture is blurry cause the camera focused on the happ stick. For some reason my dreamcast VGA adapter was not working so I had to hook it up to the TV. Only thing is, MAME didn't seem to recognize the trackball as a mouse. :( I really need to try an see if the x-port emu's recognize it.

Ok that's it for the pictures right now. Next up! The utube video.

blog-3211-1158225635_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1158225812_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1158226143_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1158226272_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2015