IGNORED

Shannon's Blog - Awecade pics (Part 2 of however many I feel like)

RSS Bot

OK here are some more odds & ends pictures...

The first one is a picture of the control panel. Mine has a trackball and Spinner on it. Note the left right arrows on the panel above the spinner. And here I thought all along I was supposed to spin it up and down! :rolling:

Above the panel are some instructions for those of you who are a little slow figuring out what to do. ;)

All of the buttons are happ buttons (hope I spelled that right). I'm not sure about the trackball and spinner. The layout is pretty simple. Player one on the left, player two on the right. Trackball in the middle. The spinner was placed above player one who is most likely to use it.

Believe it or not the spinner is turning into one of my favorite things. Primarily intended for Tempest and a paddle game like Super Breakout. I find that I use it in Asteroids, and to steer the police car in APB. I actually got further in APB then I ever could on my xbox!

The trackball plays a mean game of Missile Command. The sensitivity of it needs a little tweaking for other games like Centipede and Crystal Castles. Curt is gonna send me a USB pen with the latest tweaks as well as a few control setup fixes.

The audio/credit button will bring up the volume control display while you are in the menu. I'm not sure what the credit part does. Player 1 and player 2 start a one/two player game. The menu/exit button returns you back to the menu hold this one down for a couple secs. It'd be pretty cool if we had blinking Player 1/2 buttons. I know it's emulated in MAME, but I don't think the digital eclipse team emulates that part though.

I found out there is a reason the menu button has to be held down. The awecades team set up each game so that it runs in high priority (for the best possible emulation). Pretty clever, but considering we are already running on a stripped down version of win 98 I'm sure it's cranking away reasonably well. Think "lite98". Google it.

That's the light gun in the middle. The thing is actually real accurate. Too bad I'm not. :lol: I think I'll eventually get the hang of it. You can calibrate it by flicking the safety switch wave it up/down and then left/right several times. I've only messed with one light gun game so far. It'd be neat if there was some type of holster that could be attached to the side of the cabinet to put the game in. I'm gonna see if I can find one and then velcro it to the side. :D

There are two hex screws on either side for easy removal of the control panel. Pictures will be in the next blog since I clogged this one up. Lastly that space below the buttons? I actually found myself resting my arm on it while playing.

Well that is it for this entry.

blog-3211-1158223410_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2014