IGNORED

Week-end purchases.

moycon

Here's a list of games I got this past week-end.

Fantavision PS2 $6.99 (Blockbuster Used)

Space Channel 5 DC $4.99 (Wal-Mart New)

Tomb Raider Chronicles DC $9.99 (Best Buys New)

Blockbuster continues to offer PS2 games at lower and lower prices. They are used but you have 30 days to return the game if they are defective. Other good finds at Blockbuster that I passed on:

State of Emergency $24.99

Maximo $24.99

Rune Viking Warlord $19.99

Timesplitters $14.99

Well, I had to pick me up a new Dreamcast myself ($50) and then picked up some games:

Frogger 2 $19

Soul Reaver )New( $9.99

Dave Mirra BMX )New( $9.99

Vanishing Point )New( $9.99

Spiderman $14.99

Re-Vold $9.99

Illbleed $9.99

Not the best prices I guess, but some nice stuff I'm gonna pick up a Mouse/Keyboard for a total of $20 sometime next week though =)

I seen that Tomb Raider for $9.99 and should have got it, I'll probably go back and get it.

I'm on the hunt for that new DC game that is supposed to be released this month, so.....

Clint Thompson

Well, not this last weekend, but the weekend before, I grabbed Shenmue II DC (European) for $65 and Bangai-O for $15. Could've grabbed Starlancer for $15 also, but I didn't want to spend that much.

I went back and grabbed Rune: Viking for PS2.

It's got good graphics I suppose... But it stops to load like every 2 minutes. And the enviroments tho pretty arent really very interactive. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for the game.

quote:

Originally posted by moycon:

State of Emergency $24.99

Maximo $24.99

Rune Viking Warlord $19.99

Timesplitters $14.99

I was able to grab Maximo from my local BB for $9.99 on Monday. It's mint aside from that awful sticker they put on the disc. Is there any way to get that thing off?

Also picked up Resident Evil for GameCube for $40 - had EB price match it to Target's sale. VERY impressive game, and I haven't enjoyed any of the other RE games much at all.

-Kevin

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: K3V ]

quote:

Originally posted by Clint Thompson:

Shenmue II eh? Sweeet! Should I ask how good it is?

I'm not sure how I'd obtain a copy but I'm sure someday it'll be possilbe. Will it work on any DC system in the US?

Thanks,

Clint

You can find all kinds of copies on eBay. I found mine at a local game store. You'll need some way to boot import games, though. I'd suggest a Utopia boot disc or a GameShark CD-X (which is what I use).

I've managed to make my way through the game a bit, and so far I'm really enjoying it. The amount of detail in this game is absolutely incredible. You have your choice of jobs to work, a lot more area to explore, more free fights, etc. Definitely a worthy sequal to the original Shenmue.

...And today, I got myself Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA), Bionic Commando (GBC), Pokemon Pinball (GBC) and NHL 95 (Genesis). Oh, and I replaced my SNES with a first-gen one (the heavier, yellow-and-grey style). Just played Maximum Carnage on it and it works fine.

Now, the next step is to get a NES. Then, it will be a ColecoVision...