IGNORED

Planet Bob - It's a Milestone!

RSS Bot

Hi there!

I guess I have reached a first breakthrough milestone today! :)

I finally have a piece of sourcecode now, that will properly compile into a clean and working version of Park Patrol!

Basically I just followed the plan from yesterday, merging all ID'd parts of the game into one, putting the $00 and $01 writes in front of it and a C64 conform loading address.

The so (DASM) compiled raw binary only needs to be renamed giving it a *.PRG ending and then VICE for example will load it. It can then be started with SYS 20469. Try it if you want with PARK_PATROL.PRG from the source package:

pprev.zip

I'll try some more things now. Maybe it's possible to relocate it down to $1000, so I don't need to care about $01 and $02 anymore, making it start with a more familiar SYS 4096 ;)

Depends a bit on where it sets the VICs viewport and how much it relies on absolute pointers inside the code. (hooking some custom code into the IRQ procedure for example.)

Another bit of good news is that during the whole process I got rid of a whole 4K, instead of 32K it's now only 28K left to deal with ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2018