IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Time for a review again. Donkey Kong Land

RSS Bot

The always off-center Rare, after seeing the success of Donkey Kong Country on the Super Nintendo, brought their fancy computer-generated graphics to the Game Boy. The result: drastic changes to Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, including no more of both of them being on the screen at the same time, and, of course, now they're only 4 colors instead of a whole bunch of them. But the nice gameplay is still there. It's actually not a bad game at all. DKC on the go. It's different levels, too, which is kind of nice for a change. Of course, the worlds don't have names, there's no Funky's Flights, and the only way to save your game is to get the K-O-N-G letters, which means that if I want to save your game, I have to go back to the first level (I'm not very good at video games.) And, instead of the same old boring gray cartridge, it comes in a shocking yellow one, and so does Donkey Kong Lands 2 & 3 (and Pokemon Yellow, but I don't play Pokemon.) It's Super Game Boy enhanced, but all you get is a tree background. Donkey & Diddy are actually colored when you play it on a Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2028