IGNORED

Shannon's Blog - No Guts, No Glory!

RSS Bot

OK. No snaps would be complete without a picture of the guts of this thing. So here they are.

In the first pic you can see the power supply there and part of the motherboard. The motherboard is screwed into the wood. With the stuff between it and the wood, the name slips my mind. As you can see it has the usual keyboard and mouse connectors. There are two USB ports on the back. Both of them are taken. The top one connects to the controls and the bottom one connects to the spinner or is it the light gun? I forget.

Notice the lan connector there, so this baby has built in lan card. Which will come handy when I start modifying it myself. I can just plug it into the LAN if I need to move/copy stuff to it. Then we have the standard serial, parallel, and monitor plugs. This thing also has a game port for those old style PC joysticks. There are 3 PCI slots, an AGP slot, and a CNR1 slot (whatever that is).

There is a USB hub in the front connected to the mother board. This has the spinner connected to it, or is it the light gun? I forgot. It's got an AMD processor in it. Thats underneath the fan and the huge heat sink. There are also some Sata connectors on here towards the front. That's 256 MB of DDR RAM you see there..

The second picture is pretty obvious. It's the 4gig (yes you read that right) IDE hard drive. It's encrypted so don't even bother. :lol:

Lastly, though it is a little hard to see. Strapped underneath the power supply is the Act-Labs gun interface. It plugs in between the VGA out on the MB and the monitor.

blog-3211-1158355444_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1158355974_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1158356255_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2023