IGNORED

Stand by or turn it off? (PS2 Question)

I have an inquiry for anyone with knowledge of BIOS in the PS2, or how power works in Sony consoles. I've heard that you'll extend the life of your PS2 if you leave the unit on "stand by" instead of switching it off every time you're done. Is this true? Wouldn't it wear the BIOS battery down more quickly if you didn't shut the system off? Thanks for any help -- I'm not very technical that way.

CF

I'd like to know too?

I keep mine in standby mode during the day when I'm playing it off and on.

Then before I goto bed I shot if totally off by the switch in the back.

Is it safe to leave the PS2 in standby mode all the time?

Yeah, when I borrowed a PS2 from my mate, that was the thing that really freaked me out - what is the standby thing for? I mean, I get it on TVs and HiFis, it means you still get to use the remote to turn em back on. Is that it? Is it for the DVD usage?

IMO You can turn it off at night while you're sleeping or when you go out on a trip for a few days.

For example, if you usually play on weekends, you could leave it on Stand by mode during the weekend, and turn it off the rest of the week while you go to work and don't plan to play it like Mondays.

You should know better wich days you can't or don't have spare time to play videogames, that's when you should turn it off.