IGNORED

SpaceInvader's Blog - Oldies Radio... or not?

RSS Bot

There are talks at work about BIG Changes.... I sell radio ads... fun and often frustrating all at the same time... I work for an oldies station (60s & 70s Hits... Funny that is now considered oldies).. anyway... the station holds it's own.. but isnt making money.. and you know it's all about making a profit.... so.. there has been some behind the scene talks..

No one will say but I think they are going to "flip" the station to another format...

This could be bad at first.. but maybe good in the long run.... After 6 months of working for this company and FINALLY getting some stable accounts... I may loose due to the change.... and then start over... ON THE OTHER HAND... if this is a great format with the right DJs it could sell like hot cakes... (who buys those by the way???)

There have been 4 stations in the market that have been sold to different companies... and there is talk of 2 flipping... hm.... The company that flips first stands to take the biggest advantage of the change.. rumour on the street is they are flipping tomorrow.... I dont know if thats true...

Lots of advertisers and agencies are talking about it.. what will it mean?? Time will tell.. but i think I'll have to say "Good bye" to the Oldies...

Updates as I get them....

SI

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2041