IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Review time!

RSS Bot

Well,i decided am going to do some mini-reviews about some of my video games i have in my classic collection...........

Frogs and Flies-This one is one of my favorite 2600 games.Based off Intellivision's FrogBog,This game lets 1 or 2 players take on the role of frogs on lily pads in a swamp.The object is to jump between the lilypads and eat as many flies as you can from dawn to dusk.The frog that eats the most flies wins.Soild graphics and sounds with simple controls makes this one a winner in my book.

Beefdrop-This is a new homebrew game for the 7800.This game is BurgerTime had it been done for the 7800.You know the deal control the Chef thru various levels of the game making hamburgers while avoiding a assortment of food themed foes.Your only weapon is a pepper shaker.Ken Siders out did himself on this one.Beefdrop is a highly recomended game for the 7800.

Shark Attack-This dissapointing game is for the 2600.The gaming has a the makings for a winner.Decent graphics and sounds with a good ideal for a story line."Your deep sea diver trying to recover sunkin treasure.But the water is infested with sharks so use your skills to avoid them and get the treasure."What kills this game is the controls.They are the worst ever.Its hard to move thru the underwater maze without being attack by the sharks.You get kliped by the sides of the maze everytime.I had high hopes for this game think it was going to be underwater "Pac-Man"but i was very let down by it.

Centipede-Am reviewing the 5200 version.What cant i say about Centipede.Its a great game that everyone and anyone can play.With that said there are versions of this game that are better than others.I have this game for my 2600,5200,and 7800.Guess what?I love the 5200 version.Its great looking game that as close you can get to the arcade and has really good control even with the 5200 control sticks.The sounds are dead on too.You would think i would perfer 7800 one but its the 5200 one i play the most.

Miner2049er-I just recently had this game purchased for me by my wife Kelly.I had heard a lot of things about this title from diffrent on-line sites.My wife had gotten me the 5200 version of this game and i must say am very glad she did.Its a fun gaming that barrows from Donkey Kong and adds afew other elements to make its self a top notch game.As Bounty Bob you must work your way up thru the diffrent levels of the game collecting items and jump and defending yourself from diffrent foes.The control for this game is dead-on and it has decent grahpics and sounds.Its one the better games out there on any classic game system.

Fast Eddie-I love Fast Eddie for the 2600.Like the Frogs and Flies this game is on my all-time favorites list.The game is simple.Make your way up and down the ladders of each level.Collecting diffrent themed items and jumping over your foes.Collect anuff of the items and a key will appear above the head of your foe Hightop who is on the top floor of the level your on.Get up there grab the key and beat the level and thats it.Great simple fun.Very enjoyable.

Infiltrate-This game has alot in common with Fast Eddie.Both are 2600 games and both have more or less the same stlye of gameplay.In Infiltrate you play a secret agent who must work his way up the diffrent floors on each level,avoid and shoot the robots on the diffrent floors,recover a suitcase with secret documents and make your way back down to bottom floor of the level to beat that level.Ok graphics and sounds but is alot of fun to play.

Smurfs-This is a famous and well remembered game for the ColecoVision.You play a Smurf who must set out to rescue Smurfette from Gargamel's castle.The game itself has some really good graphics and sounds.The controls will take you a minute or two to get use to once you do its some great fun that will take you back to thoses Saturday morning cartoons you watch as a kid.Simple but great fun.

Thats my review.Hope you enjoy reading them and maybe it will help someone to pick up a game they may not have yet.I will try and do this again sometime soon.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2044