IGNORED

SpaceInvader's Blog - Radio dial flip flop...

RSS Bot

Well, a station that I started 6 years ago (106.5 The Promise .. contemp. Christian music) was bought by a big company here in the market (Cox Radio) ... They ended up letting a small local station pick up the format... so now they are 88.1 The Promise.. not as good a signal, but still on the dial.... GLAD TO SEE MY "BABY" didnt get BLOWN OFF THE DIAL...

What will COX put on 106.5??? anybodies guess right now... They're running a teaser saying it could be latin, or dance, or country... ect.. about 10 ideas... MY GUESS??? I think they will take their AM talk and go FM... we'll see.....

Cox also has an 80s station that hasnt been a money maker like that had thought, so they may flip that too... I think they will go Urban... R & B... but time will tell...

According to the recording on 106.5, Thursday morning the new format will launch.... IT'S EXCITING TO GUESS, I've had clients ask me whats going on and they speculate... It's like a mystery.... It gets clients and listeners talking, and thats good for radio in general.

Once it flips then it's time to figure out what the new format will mean in terms of competition in the market...

MEANWHILE... My boss is upto something.. I think Oldies station I sell for is gonna flip.... IF SO, I'll post it here... Depending on what they do, will effect my income, and ultimately if I can stay where I live or if I have to eventually move to a better market...

Wow, THURSDAY can be a HUGE day for me...

TUNE IN AND FIND OUT... LOL :P

SI

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2055