IGNORED

You have to buy cars and tracks in GTHD.

Cheese007

After you've plunked down six Benjamins on your PS3, are a few bucks here and there really all that bad? :roll:

What would be funny is if all the tracks are actually contained on the disc, just not accessible without paying money to unlock them, and then someone figures out how to unlock them with Action Replay codes or edited save files.

They're talking about this everywhere - I personally have a really hard time believing it. Even with all the missteps Sony seems to have made this round it's farfetched. I'm with CPUWIZ on this one - I think it's a mistranslation personally.

Edit: One theory is that the two versions will be packaged together - so you get Premium (which has cars & tracks) and Classic together and then can purchase stuff for Classic only if you want to.

Edited by n8littlefield

who in their right mind would believe this? :?

me, the more crappy rumors that float out there the better, then there will be some that wont buy a PS3

which is good in my book :P

I just heard that Nintendo is actually using tissue from unborn babies, to make the sensors in their controller work. :-o

me, the more crappy rumors that float out there the better, then there will be some that wont buy a PS3

I just heard that Nintendo is actually using tissue from unborn babies, to make the sensors in their controller work. :-o

WOW now thats a cause i cant get behind ;)

:rolling:

And here I thought it was fairy livers :sad:

CPUwiz is right by the way this is way to stupid to actually be true.

It's pointless. It's only bad because the rumor is about Sony. If the original rumor above was about Nintendo, this thread would be deluge of posts about how fucking fantastic and flawless Nintendo is.

Project Gotham 3 on the 360 lets you buy more cars (although no new tracks have hit Xbox Live). My guess is that someone heard that GTHD would let you do this, and then suddenly jumped to the conclusion that none would be included by default, which is completely ridiculous.

Basically, someone was an idiot. Sony will likely make an announcement soon to say so.

However, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that episodic content sucks. Just put the fucking shit on the disc already instead of forcing me to pay extra. Crap like the Oblivion Horse Armor could be the death of video games if they keep nickel and diming everyone.

--Zero

If the original rumor above was about Nintendo, this thread would be deluge of posts about how fucking fantastic and flawless Nintendo is

Oh there is so much truth in there it isn't even funny.

If I took it seriously, I'd crap on anyone for it.

But I don't think anyone's stupid enough to try this right now.

Well, there WAS the Halo map pack... but didn't those become free later?

However, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that episodic content sucks. Just put the fucking shit on the disc already instead of forcing me to pay extra. Crap like the Oblivion Horse Armor could be the death of video games if they keep nickel and diming everyone.

--Zero

100% agreed.

If microtransactions become the norm I will become a strictly classic gamer. The only way it could be justified in my eyes is if the give you the basic game for free or at a reduced price (like for $20 instead of the normal $60). However knowing how greedy and stupid some game companies are I wouldn't be surprised if they started charging by the bullet, by the potion, or even by the weapon with weapons eventually breaking down (just to get all my peeves in one game).

As far as the Sony/GTHD rumor goes it sounds too stupid to be true but one thing I learned in life is to never underestimate how stupid some people can be, otherwise the Maury show would have no guests. For example there are plenty of people stupid enough to pay for these microtransactions.

The only way it could be justified in my eyes is if the give you the basic game for free or at a reduced price (like for $20 instead of the normal $60).

I don't get this. Whats the big deal if they offer you the option to buy horse armor? It's not like having horse armor alters or really even enhances the experience of Oblivion. Unless you consider your horse looking a little different and being able to withstand more hits a majpr overhaul. Personally I just didn't buy the armor. No one forces you to.

Now this BS about HAVING to buy cars and tracks just to play the game from the get go would be an issue. Fortunately it's almost surely 100% false...Unless like you stated, they GIVE the initial game away or charge like $5 and spending $30 will get you enough content to feel like the purchase was worth it. That way certain people would have certain tracks and cars and host there own races and sell their cars to friends online.

Actually now that I think of it..That would be a BLAST! Seriously that might work and be fun. Lets say I bought the game for $5 and had to spend $45 for 10 cars and 10 tracks...and the ability to customize paint jobs. My friend spent $55 got 12 cars (All different then mine) and 12 tracks (All different from mine) and a shop with the ability to install Nitro. You could charge (In game $$$) other players who didnt have the service you could perform or the cars you had that they didn't. I would earn money by racing the cars I did have and/or selling services and my own cars. Naturally I could also just spend $800 real world dollars and get everything offered and just avoid human contact and play with myself.

Now that I think about it. There was an article this month in EGM about Forza Motorsport 2 for the 360 and some of the concepts I just mentioned might have been hinted at...I'd have to go back and read the article more closely. I remember they talked about being able to own a shop...It was kinda vague really. Looking at it in this light though. I don't think it should be poo-poo'd and/or disregarded until more details are given.

If the original rumor above was about Nintendo, this thread would be deluge of posts about how fucking fantastic and flawless Nintendo is

*looks several threads down* *sees all of the threads about Ninty's mistakes*

*Notices that Gabriel is the only one worked up enough to be swearing. Then notices how quickly the error was corrected by several posters, including N8littlefield, who is often called a Nintendo fan. Looks for any evidence of the crazy fanboy theory again. Results come back negative for the one millionth time.*

*Notices that Gabriel is the only one worked up enough to be swearing. Then notices how quickly the error was corrected by several posters, including N8littlefield, who is often called a Nintendo fan. Looks for any evidence of the crazy fanboy theory again. Results come back negative for the one millionth time.*

Oh please.

You can't tell me that if this news were about being able to download new Super Mario Bros levels at $5 a pop that the fandom present wouldn't be salivating.

Oh please.

You can't tell me that if this news were about being able to download new Super Mario Bros levels at $5 a pop that the fandom present wouldn't be salivating.

Well fandom of either stripe salivates at any news from "their" company. If you mean just people who happen to like Nintendo, I don't think so. I've run into REAL Nintendo fanboys who think I'm just whining over not getting Super Paper Mario or Bongo Blast on the Cube, and who try to frame it as being better for it to be on another system. They say things like "imagine how much better Bongo Blast will be with new controls. I'll gladly wait a year with one or two games just for Bongo blast with the Wii controller. It's way better than getting it on the same-old-same-old type of system". Oh yeah, a game that was already using a DRUM, but now with new controls. What can't they do! Hoorah. However, I don't see anyone here who I think is "blind fanboy" crazy.

Certainly SSX was always considered one, and he's totally turned off from the Wii. I liked Nintendo the best this generation, but them failing to support the Cube for a full year certainly doesn't make me want their new system. Numerous people here who were opptomistic seem somewhat turned off by the price point of the console or the controller.

If I took it seriously, I'd crap on anyone for it.

But I don't think anyone's stupid enough to try this right now.

Well, there WAS the Halo map pack... but didn't those become free later?

Yeah, August 2005, if I recall.