IGNORED

How many Atari fans own Dreamcasts???

CaliColts

I actually liked Blue Stinger - it was like a non-scary Resi Evil (biohazard - whatever).

Good soundtrack too. I like the way that you could get near limitless amounts of spare change from hitting zombies with a fire axe. If only real life was like that.

I actually liked Blue Stinger - it was like a non-scary Resi Evil (biohazard - whatever).  Good soundtrack too. I like the way that you could get near limitless amounts of spare change from hitting zombies with a fire axe. If only real life was like that.

I don't know if PAL systems have the same problem, but in the US when the Dreamcast was made so that it was slightly harder for pirates to pilfer games for the system, Sega accidentally made it so that Blue Stinger couldn't be played on any of the systems.

Therefore, since my Dreamcast was made in 2000, I have never been able to see the game work. I think it looks great, but I'm not willing to shell out money for one of the older systems.

I also have a Dreamcast, which I probably bought the day it came out (I don't remember now, it's been some time). I've gotten a lot of use out of my DC, and I was surprised when Sega pulled out of the hardware market. I'm now up to about 170 DC games, on my way to collecting all ~250 that were released in the US. Here are the games I'm looking for. If you find any of these locally for ~$10, please let me know (I'll either pay you cash for them, or we can work out some kind of trade):

Albert's Dreamcast Want List

I can't wait to have some time to break open many of the DC games I've acquired recently!

..Al

I know you can find most of those games here in Austin. Finding them for ~$10, however, may be a different story. I know all of the Best Buys here still have them, and sell the older ones for pretty cheap. Try checking EB or even GameFellas. You'll pay more at GameFellas, of course, but you should find the vast majority of them at the 3 stores here in Austin.

quote:

Originally posted by Sauron:

I know all of the Best Buys here still have them, and sell the older ones for pretty cheap. Try checking EB or even GameFellas. You'll pay more at GameFellas, of course, but you should find the vast majority of them at the 3 stores here in Austin.

I have literally hit almost every story in Austin that sells Dreamcast titles. This includes every Best Buy, Electronics Boutique, Sears, Circuit City, Gamefellas, GameStop, Target, Wal-Mart, CompUSA, and Babbages. I've been able to get a large number of DC games for $10 or less, and a few for $15. I'm waiting for prices to fall a bit further on the more expensive stuff (which is mostly the newer titles), as I'm not going to spend $30+ on the remaining titles on my list.

If you want to get together sometime, maybe we can make a run through Austin looking for DC games. More fun going hunting with someone else..

..Al

• 3 weeks later...

... heheheheh...

I have a DC and here is my collection (a * is by the really, really good ones.):

Unreal Tournament *

Chu Chu Rocket!

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (* and *)

Ready 2 Rumble

Flag to Flag

Virtua Tennis

Power Stone 2 *

Grand Theft Auto 2

WWF Attitude

Tomb Raider: Last Revelation

Sega Bass Fishing *

why must you all torment me?

20 dollars CND just isn't enough a week

I cant even eat lunch cause of my desperate

need to save!!

*counts his money*

50 cnd...

31.50 US

dang...

still 150 CND away!!

*sighs, then waits for Liquid_Sky to get

bored of his DC, he then puts on a please

give me money sign*

I've got a DC, in fact, i'm typing on it right now, and I'm one of the biggest Atari fans around; from the beginning to the end.

But i'm also a big Sega fan. I've got 14 titles so far, but I have sold or traded a number in for others. I had and sold Jet grind radio, WWF, Dave mirra BMX, Supecross 2000, crazy taxi 2 and Sega GT. Some of these were good, some so-so, but I got the games I wanted:

4 Wheel thunder ****

Alien Front *****

Army men ***

Elemental Gimmick Gear *****

Nfl 2k1 ****

Nightmare Creatures II ***

Omikron :nomad Soul ****

Rayman 2 ****

Shadow Man ***

Star Wars E1 Pod racer *****

Tomb Raider: LR ****

Vanishing Point *****

Rainbow Six ****

Spec ops: Omega squad ****

Vanishing point is a fantastic racer that is less known on a system that has a ton of them. I prefered it to Sega GT and the graphics even edge out SGT. but it is a game that is best described as a combination between 'Need for Speed' or 'Test Drive' and 'Sega Rally'. It's mostly a race against the clock, but it gets ruff out there when amonst a bunch of competitors and civilian traffic.

Im a big atari fanatic and last week i got a dreamcast. I only have 3 games so far NFL 2K1,NBA 2K and TNN HARDCORE HEAT btw thats a great raceing game. I love my DC so far. Besides my PSone the DC is the only modern system i have. And it is soo much better than the PSone except no where near the amount of games for the DC as PSone. Dramcast is alot of fun i can see my self collecting for it for a good while like my beloved atari 2600 and 7800. By the way i love the smackdown games for the PSone is royal rumble any good for DC?

I myself own a DC as well, (the black one )

I posted a topic about a Dreamcast 2 i read about that it could be reality and not a joke, you might want to check over on it. anywho

Crazy Taxi's

Unreal T.

Quake

NFL Blitz 2000

Starlancer (love this f'n game)

Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

And many many more...

Dreamcast is a great system! Alot of great titles, and great emulators running on its WinCE OS!

Hmmm, favorites:

1) Virtua Tennis

2) Jet set / grind radio (tho' the controls are a bit hairy in spots)

3) Bangai-O , TREASURE never fails to please, hectic hectic action!

4) Soul Caliber is still an excellent, "deep as you want it to be" game

5) Space Channel 5 : goofy,rhythmic fun!

These aren't in any particular order, and thats just 5 that I enjoy playing anytime...

The Dreamcast is definitely a future classic... I can't seem to find a single person that doesn't love it. Odd that it seems to have slipped through the cracks in almost every other respect, but I guess the video game industry works on other factors as well. Anyways, I do have one of these, and the lure of cheap Dreamcast games is putting a dent in my wallet lately (I bought NFL2K1 and NBA2K1 even though I hate Football and Basketball... it's a serious problem!). I find them all over the place for $10-$20 (Canadian), and I've got almost 40 games by now. My favorites include NHL2K2, Sega GT, and of course, Tony Hawk (sadly, I only have the first one )

--Zero

I was able to pick up Shenmue II (European) and Bangai-O this weekend. Both games are incredible, and it's a total shame that Shenmue II wasn't published in the US. Anyone plan on getting Ikaruga?

Well, I'm up around 80 titles right now (about 1/3 are New and Sealed) the rest are used. I haven't paid over $9.99 for any of them (except for about 4 titles I bought when the DC first came out).

I've also been picking up as much hardware as I can afford. I'll have to track my hardware to see what I have.

I'm looking for a set of Sega Maracas NIB if anyone knows where I can get a set.

quote:

Originally posted by Arcadenut:

I'm looking for a set of Sega Maracas NIB if anyone knows where I can get a set.

Expect to pay through the nose for them. I've been looking for about a half year now, and I haven't caught a lead yet.

I did recently find myself a top-loader NES with two "dogbone" controllers, but that took me three years. Maybe in two and a half more years, I'll find my maracas.

• 4 weeks later...

i got my PAL DC on monday for $125 AU, about $70 US. This was Secondhand, and found out 3 days later there are new ones for AU$100!! anyways, these are what ive got, and what they cost:

Crazy Taxi 2 AU$30

NBA 2K (2nd Hand) Au $20

Blue Stinger AU $6.50

WWF Attitude AU $6.50

Ready 2 Rumble Au$6.50

Dynamite Cop AU$7

Tee Off Au$7

Sonic Adventure AU$7

Chef's Luv Shack AU $7

Snow Surfers Au$7

also had virtua fighter 3TB, but got it out of the store, and found it was missing a disc.

Same day, missed out on a Sega Rally 2 by a few minutes, and they were AU$3.50 each!!!

DC prices are nuts here at the moment, so will be buying up big.

As for other games that are tops, Crazy Taxi 1 and NFL Blitz 2000 are fun games.