IGNORED

XBOX 360 Screen Freeze

MetalSlime23

Have you guys had any problems with this?

It seems as though it is a known issue as there is an ID in Xbox.com's knowledge base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907586/

I find these troubleshooting steps to be rediculous. I like how they are trying to blame it on the game discs. How likely is it that a game disc is going to be defective several time?

After calling their tech support to find that the warranty is only 90 days (cheapskates!), and no firmware update available to fix this, I will be redeeming my Best Buy replacement plan. This means I have to cough up $50 bucks today to prevent having to cough up another $400 sometime in the next 2 years.

Why did I buy a 360?

Have you guys had any problems with this?

It seems as though it is a known issue as there is an ID in Xbox.com's knowledge base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907586/

I find these troubleshooting steps to be rediculous. I like how they are trying to blame it on the game discs. How likely is it that a game disc is going to be defective several time?

After calling their tech support to find that the warranty is only 90 days (cheapskates!), and no firmware update available to fix this, I will be redeeming my Best Buy replacement plan. This means I have to cough up $50 bucks today to prevent having to cough up another $400 sometime in the next 2 years.

Why did I buy a 360?

I did with my first unit. I sent it back to them and they sent me a new one. I did the same thing you did...bought the extended warranty (I think a 3 year one for like $60) To me if I'm going to drop a few thousand to play the latest video games the $20 a year is nothing except peace of mind that if something does go wrong i can get it fixed with minimal hassle.

Personally though save your cash, if I was you and you don't have a reason yet for your purchase (Condemned? Oblivion? Dead Rising? Prey?) Just stick it on Ebay and use the $$$ to buy Wii.

My launch 360 died too.

They gladly sent me another one... which was defective immediately.

So they sent me another one... which was defective after two days.

So they sent me a brand new one, a couple games (that I already had) and a 3 year service warranty for my trouble.

:roll: :sad:

With Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, and Call of Duty 3 coming out in the next couple of months, you want to be sure to have a working system!

Are you using the wireless adaptor? I've noticed ever since I've used that POS it's been freezing my 360 up for a few minutes at a time depending on what I do.

Say I sign in my screen name and then load a disc into the tray RIGHT afterwards. It'll go to a blank screen.... and then about 2 minutes later I'll finally get back to the dash. I think it's just glitchy... but that's my personal case.

I never had any issues before using a normal wired RJ45.

no, I am not using any accessories other than what came with the system. My macine unfortunately was not a launch system. It was manufactured 1-1-06 and I bought it in February.

Microsoft told me that they will replace any machines manufactured in 2005 for free. Unfortunatly, mine was one day off. LOL.