IGNORED

Shannon's Blog - The Sacrifice - Part Six (The floor junk)

RSS Bot

This is my farewell blog series to the game room that never was. The room that was sacrificed in order to get my awecade cabinet. Yes this is my personal whine session part six. This is the session of closure.

Well things have been kinda busy around here. Lots of furniture moving, shoving, pushing, and just general re-arrangement. The awecade is in it's new home, well sorta. I don't like where I have it so I'm gonna move it up against the other wall. Woulda done it sooner but you see there is this little problem. I have long since concluded that I have a body that is about 15 years older than I am. All that moving stuff around got me a nice big krink in my neck. Couldn't even turn my head to the left. Make driving lots of fun! Especially when the wife is outta town and I have to pick up the kid from school. :lol: That's my story and I'm gonna stick to it!

Back on topic now.. There are two included pics from the old room, and two from the new room. This is my overflow junk. You know, the stuff I was too lazy too organize so I either stuffed in a storage container or placed it on the floor. Most of the stuff in the first picture is xbox, ps2, and cube games that I usually pick up from time 2 time when they go on sale or the price drops. Comes very useful around christmas or birthday time. I can just pick out a few titles and wrap 'em up! That CD carousel contains most of my PSX games (double CD sets excluded).

The second pic is more like a follow up shot to show just how much junk really is on the floor. Of course it's all not there any more. It's been packed up and stuffed in a couple of closets. :lol:

Which brings us to the end result... Notice the color my wife painted the walls. Somehow we went from a military camofluage scheme to just brown. I tried to explain to her that the green and tan would kinda help. The picture is kinda dark (funky camera flash washes it out) so I turned off the flash. That's the entertainment cabinet and his new dresser with mirror. Yeah and there is the bear who got into a little trouble last week while playing with my awecade unit. :D

The second picture is the bunk bed. The bottom part is where mommy or daddy sleep when he gets scared. :roll: The top bunk is for him. I've always kinda liked bunk beds, but anyways. Stupid furniture company didn't include all the screws, and one of the boards had the holes drilled incorrectly. But it's pretty secure until they can send the missing pieces. It'll come handy when guests come over as well. We have a futon I was hoping to stick in there but the current furniture really left no room.

Well that pretty much concludes my sacrifice section. So that just leaves my wish list, and a few more awecade related pictures/posts when I get a few things.

blog-3211-1159057230_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1159057389_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1159058003_thumb.jpg blog-3211-1159058419_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2069