IGNORED

Interesting Wii article

Atari Master

It was somewhat interesting, untill I got to the 6th

page. I then realized how completly full of shit he was.

how's that?

There is a paragraph where he is describing the gui on the wii being very

similar to the gui on the gba movie player. He starts comparing the abilities

of the psp and the gba sp with the gba movie players ability to play movies,

music, and emulate nintendo and genesis games while psp owners look down

at their system and cry.

This is about where I stopped reading because I own both a psp and a gba sp.

My first flashcart was the gba movie player.

While I find it completly laughable that these two systems could play movies

of identical quallity and myself trying for hours to convert music for the gba sp

while trying to keep the converted songs from soulding like total crap.

I do realise that fanboys like to sttrrreeeeaaaaacccccchhhhhhhhh the truth

quite a bit in order to win over converts, so I don't really have an issue with

that, especially when this truth is posted on such a heavily biased website.

It's just somthing that comes with the territory. When you have an interest

in video gaming, sooner or later you will have to deal with fanboys who like

to embellish a few details.

However, what I do have an issue with is that he states as fact that he can

and does play both nes and genesis games from the gba movie player.

First, there is no genesis emulator for the gba and probably will never be

due to the fact that the gba is just slightly more powerful than the genesis.

Even if there were a genesis emulator for the gba there is no way that it

could be loaded from a gba movie player, therefore there is no way that he

could even begin to play sonic the hedgehog or blaster master.

Second, while nes games can be played through pocket nes that is a built

in feature of the gba movie player, the gba movie player does not

contain any internal memory so roms have to be loaded directly into the

gba's memory which limits the size of the nes roms to 256k unziped, which

means that there is no way in hell that he could play super mario bros. 3

from the gba movie player.

Everyone I have shown my GBA MP to instantly fell in love with it. I put a part of Lord of the Rings on there and they go, “OMG!!! Your DS is playing movies!” Then they look at their PSPs and cry. They look on in amazement how the DS is shoved in my back pocket and I’m using it as a music player. But the thing that always seals the deal with them instantly importing the GBA MP is the emulation capabilities. The worst thing about emulation has always been the controllers. But you are using the Gameboy Advance or DS’s buttons and D-pad which are the quality we know and love. After playing Guardian Legend, Blaster Master, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Brothers 3, and practically any other game, they swear it is the coolest thing ever. They love the idea of a portable Dragon Warrior (or any of its sequels). Then they see it can play all the original Gameboy games as well. “It is portable nirvana,” one person said. But after looking at these Wii Channels, I now reply, “No, it is the third incarnation of the DS. Wait and see.”

When someone deliberately spouts such obviously false information and claims

it to be the truth. It's kinda hard for me to belive that they're giving an unbiased

opinion without the bullshit detector in my head ringing off the hook.

:roll:

Edited by warmachine

Don't forget the wii's VC compared to Live. According to the writer, wii VC games are way less expensive to develop for because it doesn't have leaderboards, high def, online play, or achievements, but for the same price as 20+ yr old games on the VC, I am playing games on Live Arcade for the same cost - that do include leaderboards, HD, online play, and achievements :ponder: Even if you factor in a yearly subscription to Live at $50 over 10 games at different price points on the VC and Live, it's still the same price in the end or maybe a whopping $5 more.

What did you expect? The whole thing is a fanboy pep talk aimed at Nintendo cheerleaders. But honestly, the url makes it clear that it's not going to be unbiased.

And your point being what?

I don't think I've ever heard you say one good thing about Nintendo.

Personally, I'm stoked about the console.

how's that?

at their system and cry.

Everyone I have shown my GBA MP to instantly fell in love with it. I put a part of Lord of the Rings on there and they go, “OMG!!! Your DS is playing movies!” Then they look at their PSPs and cry. They look on in amazement how the DS is shoved in my back pocket and I’m using it as a music player. But the thing that always seals the deal with them instantly importing the GBA MP is the emulation capabilities. The worst thing about emulation has always been the controllers. But you are using the Gameboy Advance or DS’s buttons and D-pad which are the quality we know and love. After playing Guardian Legend, Blaster Master, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Brothers 3, and practically any other game, they swear it is the coolest thing ever. They love the idea of a portable Dragon Warrior (or any of its sequels). Then they see it can play all the original Gameboy games as well. “It is portable nirvana,” one person said. But after looking at these Wii Channels, I now reply, “No, it is the third incarnation of the DS. Wait and see.”

it to be the truth. It's kinda hard for me to belive that they're giving an unbiased

well, he´s talking about the DS and there actually is a working GENESIS emu for the DS

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/PicoDriveDS

how's that?

at their system and cry.

well, he´s talking about the DS and there actually is a working GENESIS emu for the DS

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/PicoDriveDS

Exclusive only to Japan was the GBA Movie Player. Like the Play Yan, the GBA Movie Player could play movies and music. Unlike the Play Yan, the GBA Movie Player had a photo gallery, the ability to play emulation of old Nintendo and Genesis games, you could have notes, the OS was set up almost like channels, and you could multi-task with music in the background. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

How popular was importing the GBA Movie Player? Extremely high. Some people imported solely for Ouedan. I imported for the GBA MP and threw in Ouedan as a bonus. Nintendo has to have noticed these sales (just as they have noticed the Ouedan import sales). What makes the GBA MP such a great deal is that it is around $30 and relies on your flash memory (of whatever size) for the rest. I use 512 mb card.

At E3 2005, when Nintendo announced the internal 512 mb flash memory and Virtual Console, I looked strangely at my GBA MP with its loaded games and 512 mb. Hmm… When Nintendo announced the Wii having a photo gallery, reading text, and the ability to play music and movies off of flash memory, I looked at my GBA MP much more suspiciously. Sure, it can’t tell the weather or give me the news, but it is also not connected to the Internet. The similarities are uncanny and go beyond Nintendo’s own Play Yan. What is Nintendo up to?

Perhaps I should have pasted the whole paragraph.

wf08.jpg

Now there should be no question as to which handheld he is talking about.

Edited by warmachine