IGNORED

2005 minigame multicart.Should i buy it?

jboypacman

Is it the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox already?

So what you're saying is that the 2005 Minigame Cart is a religious experience? I'll make sure to ask the Easter Bunny for a copy. :roll: :P

Is it the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox already?

So what you're saying is that the 2005 Minigame Cart is a religious experience? I'll make sure to ask the Easter Bunny for a copy. :roll: :P

x²/9+y²/4+z²/4=1

I think it's worth it. ;)

And, slightly related, I just beat Hunchy! My next challenge is Night Rider.

Well done - I'm sorry that there isn't any kind of ending sequence in Hunchy, but it wasn't possible in just 1K.

I think you will be playing Night Rider for some time as it doesn't have an ending, except I suppose when the score wraps ...

Chris

I think it's worth it. ;)

And, slightly related, I just beat Hunchy! My next challenge is Night Rider.

Well done - I'm sorry that there isn't any kind of ending sequence in Hunchy, but it wasn't possible in just 1K.

I think you will be playing Night Rider for some time as it doesn't have an ending, except I suppose when the score wraps ...

Chris

Incidentally, I've been curious: how is the terrain generated in Night Rider? I assume a pseudo-random number generator with a constant seed. Is that true? If so, how'd you pick the seed; trial and error? And did you have to constrain it to make the generated terrain playable? I suppose I should just dig up the source...:ponder:

x²/9+y²/4+z²/4=1

Well, it makes a very nice triangle in 3D space

Negatory... Actual number of "angles" = 1 divided by the derivative of one million.

I had a feeling that it would involve calculus. (I never did take that. ;)) It still makes a very nice triangle in a 3D Plot, however. The three key points are:

(3, 0, 0)

(0, 2, 0)

(0, 0, 2)

Everything else appears to fall along these lines. For example:

(sqrt(9/2), 1/4, 1/4)

So anyway, what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

x²/9+y²/4+z²/4=1

Well, it makes a very nice triangle in 3D space

Negatory... Actual number of "angles" = 1 divided by the derivative of one million.

I had a feeling that it would involve calculus. (I never did take that. ;)) It still makes a very nice triangle in a 3D Plot, however.

It doesn't make a triangle. Try this in 2-D:

x²/9+y²/4=1

It doesn't make a triangle.

It does if you close the third side and generate a surface plot. Otherwise, it just creates an angle. However, I like surface plots. They're pretty. :D

I dunno what software you're using, but it must not be very accurate. The shape has no points at all, except for the one that I haven't been able to get across...

EDIT: Technically, it also fits this definition.

Edited by batari

Hmm... perhaps I should have plotted it out a bit further? Obviously, I only have one section.

Now I remember why I never took calculus. Higher math and I have a love/hate relationship. :lol:

Edit: I still don't understand what it has to do with the price of tea in China? (Or in this case, the value of the 2005 Minigame Cart?)

Edited by jbanes

Hmm... perhaps I should have plotted it out a bit further? Obviously, I only have one section.

Now I remember why I never took calculus. Higher math and I have a love/hate relationship. :lol:

Edit: I still don't understand what it has to do with the price of tea in China? (Or in this case, the value of the 2005 Minigame Cart?)

We've all been dropping clues about the cart for over a year now!

1. How many games are on the cart?

1a. Are you sure?

2. Pertains to a day of the year (you seem to have gotten this one correct)

3. Pertains to a geometrical shape

No go and find it, and we'll give you a kewpie doll. Or something like that. Assuming you own the cart, that is.

There are other clues in other threads about the cart.

Edited by batari

Incidentally, I've been curious: how is the terrain generated in Night Rider? I assume a pseudo-random number generator with a constant seed. Is that true? If so, how'd you pick the seed; trial and error? And did you have to constrain it to make the generated terrain playable? I suppose I should just dig up the source...:ponder:

Yes, it uses a pseudo random number generator to determine the height and length of the terrain. There are some constraints on the random generation to make the game playable, e.g. it can't go directly from low to very high terrain. I just played around with a few seed values until I got one that seemed reasonable.

Chris

x²/9+y²/4+z²/4=1

I would tend to think that a cubic might be a little more accurate. Maybe something like x^2+y^2+0.2*z+0.5*z^2-0.2*z^3 might be better.

Probably more accurate, as the typical unfertilized gallus gallus domesticus embryo is asymmetrical about one axis - one side being more peaked than the other - but maybe not better as the simpler equation is recognizable as the general form of a well-known geometrical shape and could more easily be imagined in one's head.