IGNORED

Kotaku gamers survey PS3-14 Wii-8

Cheese007

Wait a second... there are 14 people in Japan who want to get the PS3... Teh Shortages!?!?!!!111! OMG!!1! LOL!

Japan will get 100,000 units for day one and 100,000 each following week, they did that because the factories are closer to them than they are to us. ;)

OMG. The sample size is 22 and everything!

Wow, non random sampling too. This thing is as valid as my survey.

Yeah, here's an equally valid survey: I will buy a Wii and a 360.

This survey tells us nothing, except for the fact that, yes, it is possible for Wii to sound silly in any language.

Edited by Atarifever

As my old High School Math Teacher once told me, surveys can be rigged. For example most people want and demand tighter gun control laws. But what if you took a survey amoung members of the NRA. See what I mean.

Obvious choices like that aren't the problem though. The hidden biases in most surveys, or the unintentionally improper wording are the real problems. If you don't know you're biasing a survey but then you do, that's when you have problems. That's why surveys in things like game magazines, or super market trash magazines are always, always, always, biased in some way.

Also comes the moment of truth when it's time to part with some money. We all know which way that will tip. $75 for a PS3 game, sheesh. Definitely too much for an impulse buy. You can bet the attach rate will be really, really poor.

PS3 games will sell for $59.99 in the U.S. (just like all the new 360 titles), Japan will get a higher price tag.

(just like all the new 360 titles)

Hmmmmmm

I just recently bought 5 new 360 games...

Lego Star Wars 2 - $49.99

Test Drive Unlimited - $39.99

Samurai Warriors 2 - $49.99

Cabela's Alaskan Adevture - $39.99

and

Just Cause - $49.99

When the system launched, I did not see anything below $59.99. As a matter of fact, just recently, when I bought Dead Rising, it cost me 60 bucks.

Sure you can buy the garbage titles and low-budget stuff cheaper now, do you think it will be any different with any other system?

A: "Of course, Sony and Nintendo are the devil, they will never lower the price! Microsoft is teh rulz!!!!!111!!OMG!!!" :P

The way I look at it is.. buy a PS3 and 1 game for $730 Canadian or a Wii and 4 games for $520 Canadian and tuck the other $210 into a retirement fund/extra mortgage payment. :)

I think I will let my wife buy the PS3 before I do. She'll want the latest karaoke game.. then again, with the library of them on our PS2, she may not want it.

When the system launched, I did not see anything below $59.99.

Sure you can buy the garbage titles and low-budget stuff cheaper now, do you think it will be any different with any other system?

LOL none of this is true.

First off garbage would be opinion. I haven't played them all or even most, but Lego Star Wars 2 I think is great with a capitol G. I'll let you know about the others I decided to get each one based on the fact I figured they looked fun to play so I hope they aren't garbage. I couldn't tell you the budget on any of them. As far as I know Just Cause and N3 were both made exclusively for the 360. (I forget N3 I bought that new for $49.99 also). I know Microsoft hired some Japanese company to produce N3 to try and get some Japanese folks to buy the 360....Maybe MS didn't throw much cash their way...although I'd be suprised if they didn't, What is considered low budget and what are the budgets of each of these games?

I'm guessing at the 360 launch you skipped over Kameo, PDZ and PGR3??? All were available launch day for $49.99. Low budget? Garbage? LOL Why you gotta keep lying to people???

Just admit it...Not all new 360 games are or even were $59.99 in spite of the fact that people keep saying they are. (Granted most at launch were, but this doesn't excuse your dirty lies) I do think that eventually a lot of PS3 games will be available for under $59.99 and that they might even have some at launch that are under $59.99...but then again, I never said they wouldn't. So here's one back at ya... :P

Liar

First off garbage would be opinion. I haven't played them all or even most, but Lego Star Wars 2 I think is great with a capitol G. I'll let you know about the others I decided to get each one based on the fact I figured they looked fun to play so I hope they aren't garbage. I couldn't tell you the budget on any of them. As far as I know Just Cause and N3 were both made exclusively for the 360. (I forget N3 I bought that new for $49.99 also). I know Microsoft hired some Japanese company to produce N3 to try and get some Japanese folks to buy the 360....Maybe MS didn't throw much cash their way...although I'd be suprised if they didn't, What is considered low budget and what are the budgets of each of these games?

I'm guessing at the 360 launch you skipped over Kameo, PDZ and PGR3??? All were available launch day for $49.99. Low budget? Garbage? LOL Why you gotta keep lying to people???

Just admit it...Not all new 360 games are or even were $59.99 in spite of the fact that people keep saying they are. (Granted most at launch were, but this doesn't excuse your dirty lies) I do think that eventually a lot of PS3 games will be available for under $59.99 and that they might even have some at launch that are under $59.99...but then again, I never said they wouldn't. So here's one back at ya... :P

Around here, Kameo, PDZ, and PGR3 were all $59.99 at launch. Admittedly, all three did drop in price quickly. I think they all dropped to $50 in 3 months. I think all three have now dropped to $30 and below.

I was recently shopping for 360 games. Although I don't remember the price on Lego Star Wars, I do remember Ninety Nine Nights (I'm assuming that's what you mean by N3) was $59.99. Enchanted Arms is definitely $59.99.

In fact, the only semi-recent 360 game I saw for less than the magical $59.99 was Samurai Warriors. It was $49.99. Which I found ironic, because Koei chose to charge less than average for the game on the 360 while charging more than average for their titles on the PSP.

Oh, the Live Arcade Unplugged disc is $40, but I'm presuming that's outside the scope of this discussion.

The simple fact is, it's safer to assume that a new 360 game is going to be $60 or so, rather than assuming it will be $50.

Around here, Kameo, PDZ, and PGR3 were all $59.99 at launch. Admittedly, all three did drop in price quickly. I think they all dropped to $50 in 3 months. I think all three have now dropped to $30 and below.

I was recently shopping for 360 games. Although I don't remember the price on Lego Star Wars, I do remember Ninety Nine Nights (I'm assuming that's what you mean by N3) was $59.99. Enchanted Arms is definitely $59.99.

In fact, the only semi-recent 360 game I saw for less than the magical $59.99 was Samurai Warriors. It was $49.99. Which I found ironic, because Koei chose to charge less than average for the game on the 360 while charging more than average for their titles on the PSP.

Oh, the Live Arcade Unplugged disc is $40, but I'm presuming that's outside the scope of this discussion.

The simple fact is, it's safer to assume that a new 360 game is going to be $60 or so, rather than assuming it will be $50.

Maybe things are different in Georgia, because here it was the exact same as what you stated. I didn't see anything below 60 bucks at launch around here.

I heard that the 360 HD-DVD drive requires the sacrifice of a kitty, in order to unlock it. :(

Ummm I dunno where you are shopping but Ninety Nine Nights should have never been $59.99 retail...but please send the link to the store that sold it for that so I can avoid them. You could have went anywhere you wanted to around here...or online and got it for $49.99 so its not a regional thing. The launch games ...maybe, but any other title, your getting ripped off where ever you're shoppin . N3 hasnt dropped in price, feel free to investigate any place that sells this game, Gamestop, WalMart, Target...ANYWHERE.LOL Lego Star Wars I told you is $49.99 as well. Enchanted Arms was $59.99 I don't recall mentioning that game. To make it easy for a person here is a list of the recent or coming soon 360 games under $59.99.

Test Drive: Unlimited $39.99

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged $39.99

Bomberman Act: Zero $49.99

LEGO Star Wars II $49.99

Cabela's Alaskan Adventure $39.99

Open Season $49.99

Samurai Warriors 2 $49.99

World Series of Poker $39.99

Just Cause $39.99

Blitz The League $49.99

Cars $49.99

Fuzion Frenzy 2 $49.99

History Channel: Civil War $49.99

Pimp My Ride $49.99

Rapala Trophies $39.99

Rayman 4 $49.99

Again if someone say most places are selling them for more...I say prove it.

It would be easier to just admit you guys lie for no reason. :cool:

Edited by moycon

Ummm I dunno where you are shopping but Ninety Nine Nights should have never been $59.99 retail...but please send the link to the store that sold it for that so I can avoid them.

...snip...

It would be easier to just admit you guys lie for no reason. :cool:

First part, the store was Circuit City, which did have the game priced at $59.99 at launch. I know this because I was cursorilly interested in it and happened to see it on the shelf. I notice it's a month old by now, and the online store lists the game as $49.99. This probably means that the game was marked down, as the store in question has never been good about replacing price tags. The answers to the rest of your pricing questions are in the other thread.

Second part. I'll refrain from obscenities and just put you on ignore. If there is someone here intentionally trying to mischaracterize things, it certainly isn't me.

First part, the store was Circuit City, which did have the game priced at $59.99 at launch. I know this because I was cursorilly interested in it and happened to see it on the shelf. I notice it's a month old by now, and the online store lists the game as $49.99. This probably means that the game was marked down, as the store in question has never been good about replacing price tags. The answers to the rest of your pricing questions are in the other thread.

Sorry, You're mistaken, If you live in the US the game hasn't been marked down at Circuit City, it was $49.99 a month ago to just like it is now. I'd be wary shopping at that particular CC store you were in. Boy I hope you don't put everyone on ignore when you are wrong about something and they point it out.

Edited by moycon