IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Round 2:Classic Game Reviews.

RSS Bot

Its my second round of classic game reviews so here we go........

Spike-For the Vectrex-Now heres a interesting little title for the Vectrex.You play Spike who must rescue his girlfriend Molly from the evil villian of the game.Its a platform of sorts.Climb up ladders,avoid swooping birds,get the key,and open the cage at the top of the screen.The game combines elements of Frogger and Fast Eddie.The neat thing about Spike is that it has voice in it.When Spikes girlfriend gets carried away he yells"Oh,no...Molly!"pretty impressive for the time.This game is good fun.

Pole Position-For the Vectrex-I have played Pole Posistion on many diffrent platforms.Arcade,2600,Plug-n-Play,and Namco Collections.The Vectrex version is suprising good.Looks great and controls well.So what else can i say."Prepare to Qualify"lol.

Space Panic-For the ColecoVision-This game can be best be called "DigDug in Space".Your a Astronaught with a limted air supply.Moving up platforms you dig holes for these little veggie like aliens that are chasing you to fall into.Once in the hole you cover the alien up in the hole and the alien falls to the next floor below killing them.Once all the aliens have been cleared from the level you move on to the next.Each level becomes more and more challenging with the aliens becoming harder to deal with.Space Panic is a o.k. game at best.Worth playing every now and then.

Space Jockey-For the Atari 2600-This game is often look at as one of the worst 2600 games ever.Myself i really enjoy this game.Playing a "hamburger'shaped space ship you fly thru levels shooting diffrent planes,copters,balloons,and tanks.You can even shoot the trees in the levels too.Its a simple game with soild graphics.Lots a fun for a quick round of play.One of my favorites.

Spider-Man-For the Atari 2600-This game is a 2600 classic.Playing Spider-Man you work your way up a building avoiding crooks and thugs who are hiding in the buildings windows.Once you get to the top of the building you run into your old foe the Green Goblin.Using your web-shooters swing your way to the bomb that the Goblin has planted on top of the building.I like Spider-Man alot.It reminds me abit of one of my favorite arcade games Crazy Climber.

Karateka-For the Atari 7800-This game is one of the worst games i have played.It looks great and i was really excited to start and play this game when i had gotten my 7800.I was so letdown by it.The controls kill this games and the fact you only have one life totally takes any fun to be had by the game.I own Karateka and i will keep it for my collection but it wont see much play by me any time soon.

Well thats round two of my game reviews.I hope you enjoyed them.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2096