IGNORED

Finally got a PS1...

I personally really enjoy Wipeout 3, a very addictive racing game. What must have been a prototype of the first Wipeout made an apperance in the movie Hackers, but what is in the movie is very different from Wipeout 3.

Also, Hydrothunder, an incredibly fun game in the arcades, is not very fun at all on the Playstation.

Games I recommend.

Metal Gear Solid

Ape Escape

Driver (The first one)

Grandia

Syphon Filter (The first one)

G Darius

Omega Boost

Tony Hawk 2

FIFA 2000

Hot Shots Golf 1 or 2

Rally Cross 2

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Varan ]

heh yea some good games are:

ddr konamix

hot shots golf 1&2

resident evil 1-3

ff 7 and 9(i don't really like 8)

castlevanai sotn-one of the best games ever

lunar 1&2

arc the lad collection(worth the $65)

metal slug x

and the list goes on,these are just a few of the many great games

Looking over at my collection...

These are fun to play:

Tobal#1

DD1 or Destuction Derby 2

Wipeout, WipeoutXL, Wipeout3

HotShots Golf ( 1 or 2 )

SuperPuzzleFighter 2

Ehighez

FF7

to get ya started

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Zeptari ]

Castlevania on the Saturn was sweeter then the PSX one, but this is PSX games, and it is among the best.

Tempest X3 is good, for it is Tempest 2k. The Mega Man X games are sweet, Suikoden games are good, Wild Arms is pretty nice... Tekken 3 is considered to be second only to tekken tag as far as tekken goes.

Race Racer

Tekken 2

Street Fighter Collection 2 (with the old street fighter, and champion edition)

Final Fantasy 7 or 8 (I hate 9, I don't know why, but it sux).

Armored Core (mad fun for two players)

I have a very limited collection, so the ones I have are definitely great. I rented Rage Racer before buying it, and you can customize the design on your car (I designed a pentagram on it, with "dripping blood", to make the car look badass).

Don't miss out on Final Fantasy's summon spells, when you see them you will not regret having a Playstation!

Tekken 2 doesn't get much better for fighting games. Jun Kazama's, and others, have "counter moves" that depend on the other guy attacking (like a judo style move). You can defeat the other guy because he's attacking you

And the fighter "King" has these wrestling moves that you can link together. It takes unbelievable skill to do this, but one move can last like 20 seconds if done right.

Oh by the way, if you ever manage to execute his ultimate "Romero Special", you are one hell of a gamer, the move takes at LEAST a good hour just to get it to work in practice move. Not a very "practical" move, but he's got other linking wrestling moves that you can easily do in battle to defeat your opponent just as easily.

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: KAZ ]

quote:

Originally posted by duckandcover:

You know, I don't own a PS1 either, but I was reading one of the back issues of Classic Gamer Magazine, where it listed all of the arcade classics that were adapted for the system. Reading that has really tempted me to shell out the hundred bucks for the console.

Or you could just do what I did; I waited for my Sister&her family to get a newer PS1 because their original PSX wouldn't load games anymore...then ask her if you could have the old one to "experiment" with (I'm an electronics student), take it home, stand it up on end (to reduce gravitational downward forces on the drive motor, allowing the old tired thing to spin once again at full speed and load games perfectly) and have yourself a working PSX for FREE!!! This also may work with "NON-WORKING" machines you may find in the local thrift store, Goodwill, junkyard or other places in the wild. When the motor stops working completely (I've had mine for six months now with no further problems-as long as I leave it up on end), replace the drive motor; it's a very common electric motor similiar to ones found in remote control car hobby shops for instance. Just have to find one with the same voltage/amps/rpms (and size).

I'll get my PS2 and XBOX the same way in a few years...

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

I wholely recommend Ridge Racer Type 4. But get the box set that comes with Namco's unique Jogcon controller - TRUE force feedback driving control on the PS1. It's amazing, the wheel fights against you on rough terrain and spins freely when you jump, locking back into place when you land. Awesome.

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

A CD-burner and a Modchip

I head ya

Recommended:

Driver (1&2)

Duke Nukem Time to Kill

GT2

and Metal Gear

Yesterday I tried Men of Honor for the PS2... cooooooooool game

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: osbo ]

• 3 weeks later...