IGNORED

TROGBlog - Hunt the Wumpus v0.18

RSS Bot

htw18nh3.png

Are you up to the challenge of level 4?

HTW18.BIN

Features:

htw18.asm 09/27/06

- Added level display and selection on the title screen.

- Implemented 4 difficulty levels. The level defines the ratio of rooms to tunnels:

Level 1: 40 rooms, 24 tunnels

Level 2: 32 rooms, 32 tunnels

Level 3: 24 rooms, 40 tunnels

Level 4: 20 rooms, 44 tunnels

To Do:

- Expand Wumpus clues so they appear in all rooms that are within 1 or 2 rooms of the Wumpus.

- Add cut scenes for Wumpus death, Pit death, arrow shooting, and victory.

- Add title screen and music. (started)

- Add in-game sound effects.

- Add difficulty levels and level selection.

Known Issues:

- I've verified a bug when moving at the top of the screen. This is possibly the bug that Supercat was talking about. If you get close to the top of the screen, you will explore the room on the screen above, without moving into it. This can cause unexpected death, if the room above is a pit or Wumpus. The fix isn't simple. I'll probably have to revamp the room transition code to resolve this.

- Firing the arrow at the Wumpus is still quirky.

- There is still one scanline of unwanted black lines at the top of the screen that I haven't cleared out yet, but the rest of the lines are gone.

- Most of the scanline bounce has been cleaned up. There are still a couple frames in the death scene that are not 262 scanlines.

- There are artifacts in the teeth of the death scene that need to be cleaned up.

Development Notes:

Level 4 is tough. My best score out of about 20 games was 4780, which amounted to 3 Wumpus kills. All the previous versions were the equivalent of level 2, with about 32 rooms and 32 tunnel tiles.

Over the next few revisions I will be adding more difficulty features. There will be at least 16 difficulty levels in the final game.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2109