IGNORED

A great arcade find at no cost!

Codysgames

The other day I was at my neighbors place.They run a shop called Dorton Auto Repair.But anyway I noticed something at the corner of my eye,an arcade machine.Sitting alone it looked as if it hadnt been used in a decade.I asked if he would want to sell it and if it worked.He said he didnt know if it worked or not but he didnt want it.So I took it to my house and got the 1 inch layer of dust off.It worked and it was called Rough Ranger but it had The Main Event in it hooked up.But in there was also another board.It was Rough Ranger.The Rough Ranger board is having trouble processing its graphics but I should have that fixed soon(whenever my wife goes and gets me a damn soldering gun).But everything else seems to be intact and working so everything is going great. :)

That reminds me of the time when I was working for a car wholesaler in Orlando... He had an old trailer in the back of his property with 6 or more video games in it. The only title I remember for sure was the sit-down Red Baron... Man, I wish I had a place to put them or I would have bought them from him right then!

When I was ten or twelve, we went to a family dentist who had a small arcade in the back of his office.

His Star Wars and Frogger games misfunctioned, and he sent them home with my dad one day.

He told my dad that if he could fix the Star Wars cab, he'd let us keep the Frogger one. Of course, Star Wars needed the monitor replaced. I dont remember what we did with them, but I don't think our dentist wanted them back. He replaced them with some others, including Joust, Kangaroo, Mappy, Millipede, and Circus.

• 2 weeks later...

A mate of mine was helping a local church clear out the backroom and there in all its glory was an upright Asteroids cab. He asked them how much for it and they confered with the pastor who said '$90'. He got it home and I capkitted it, added the rev 2 and highscore chip and it's worked ever since.

Amusingly it had about $30 of quarters in it too. :cool:

I would have to say that I basically stole some stuff off eBay I got 3 cabs Mario brothers converted to double dragon which worked completely. And I got 2 more cab empty one with a new power supply one is Buck Rogers Planet of Zoom which was totally striped out still has the PCB cage in it and some other miscellaneous parts. Got an APB control panel which I thought was part of one of the cabs but was just extra someone just threw it in If anyone needs it let me know. I think the 3rd cab is a Rolling Thunder it has the same circular side art out line were it use to be but it only has 2 circles not 3 weird I haven’t found any other game that has circular side art like that has 1986 printed in cab and that game was out in 1987 so I have no idea still has Atari name plate with serial numbers and what not, this game was gutted as well. I also got 3 monitors with the deal one was a Sega goes to the Buck Rogers game one might have gone to the Rolling Thunder game. So basically I got one working game 2 striped cabinets with monitors and one extra monitor and a control panel all 3 extra monitors still untested. Here's the best part I got all this off eBay for $20.50!!! I have already restored the Mario cab have the board and pcb cage just need a wire harness, original control panel, marquee and monitor glass for a wide body and its done. Not to mention I have the Double Dragon board which is worth like $30 on its own if I sold it I would be $5 bucks up and still have all this stuff. So you could say It could be a no cost find.