IGNORED

Godzilla won't load on DC

Varan

Ok, I bought Godzilla Generations for the Dreamcast. It's a Japanese game. I'm using Utopia to boot the Dreamcast up. Godzilla never completes the load. Dance, Dance Revolution Second Mix, also Japanese, loads fine.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Utopia loader and Godzilla? Anyone know where I can get another loader?

OK, I have a question. If the Utopia boot disc loads import games (something I did not know), would the same be true of a commercial release like DC-X (I just bought it), that is, could it be used as a boot disk for all the homebrew/shareware DC software? The reason I ask is I suck at burning discs and have only made a bunch of frisbees/coasters out of my cdr's. If it can, then since I now own DC-X, I wouldn't have to worry about getting a good copy of the Utopia disc (although I still have a problem with EVERTHING else, i.e.; Doom, Quake, that rocket racer game and everything else I've tried to burn with numerous burning programs). Second question; Would one of you who have successfully copied cdr's of these software titles be willing to make me copies? I'd pay for your time&effort and shipping costs and even send the cdr's too. I'm dying here... :cry:

Couple things as an update to my problems...

1. There is of course a mod chip you can get and put into your DC. My roommate has one. He recommends I get one cause Godzilla works for him without loader. I'm not sure how readily available they are now.

2. According to a website I was at, use and distribution of Utopia is illegal because it was made using Sega's code and they have stated that they DO NOT want this code distributed. Or something like that.

3. My friend told me they sell a DC bootdisk at EB World for $20 that will allow me to play Japanese games. I forgot to look when I was there.

Couple things as an update to my problems...

1. There is of course a mod chip you can get and put into your DC.  My roommate has one.  He recommends I get one cause Godzilla works for him without loader.  I'm not sure how readily available they are now.

2. According to a website I was at, use and distribution of Utopia is illegal because it was made using Sega's code and they have stated that they DO NOT want this code distributed.  Or something like that.

3. My friend told me they sell a DC bootdisk at EB World for $20 that will allow me to play Japanese games.  I forgot to look when I was there.

answer to number three; yes EB has The DC-X boot disk (at least the one I frequent had it, I just bought it) and I payed $20 for it. But will it work with the LEGAL homebrew games that can be downloaded off of sites like DCemulation.com or the BOOB! DC research site?

WOOOT! I picked up the Innovation Super Game Converter at GameStop for $20 and I can now play my Godzilla Generations game. I don't know about copies and homebrews as I don't have any. I just wanted Godzilla to work.... and Firepro Wrestling.

My rommate has Euro version of Shenmue 2. Gonna test that now.

Ok, for those curious now, I've tested the following import titles with the Innovation Disk and they all work.

JAPAN:

Godzilla Generations

Fire Pro Wrestling

Sonic Adventure

Marvel vs. Capcom

Dynamite Cop 2

Sega Rally 2

Power Stone

Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix

Pen Pen TriIcelon

Virtua Fighter 3tb

Sega GT

EUROPE:

Shenmue II

• 1 month later...

Hey, How is that Godzilla game anyways???

I remember they were showing screen-shots from it way before the DC was even released here in America.

Is it a decent game varan?? I love Godzilla.... I love him alot.

You'd have to be a Godzilla fan to like the game. It's slow, pretty boring, not a lot of monsters to unlock and the camera work is often poor.

I'm having a helluva time locating Godzilla Maximum Impact. I'm willing to pay up to $60 US for the game (original, sealed) so if anyone sees it, let me know.