IGNORED

05/31/07 House On Haunted Hill Cart Release

SalemFrost7800

I removed the image so it should work now

I did get the game from where you posted it in this thread, but thought I'd mention the problem with the picture in case it was messing other people up, too. Also, it was interfering with the last four or five games in the list (not just HOHH), so thanks for fixing it! :)

MR

Yes I had no idea there was anything more to the game than that opening part in the graveyard.

So I agree with you fully, I never made it past that part to know there was anything more to it than that. I tried it a few times and every time I said what the heck am I suppose to be doing, nothing seems to be happening. So every time I gave up and put on something I liked playing.

The only other game I can think of is some Pancake game where you are suppose to eat pancakes I guess to win?

It is said there were thousands of games made for the system but I never saw that many, I have over a thousand but that includes a lot of hacks.

Wade

You should give Ghost manor another try, it only takes a few seconds to get past the opening scene, just chase the ghost around the graveyard and touch him 25 times than it switches to the inside of the Manor and the game becomes more fun at that point.

I plan to release HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL to the board on FRIDAY THE 13th

Looks like gene wilder hahahahah :)

hohh2.jpg

I am looking forward to feedback on this game

hohh.jpg

Excellent Hack! :thumbsup:

Wade

The House On Haunted Hill

Starring The Ghost Hunter!

You are the world famous Ghost Hunter, you have been in some of the worlds most infamous Haunted Houses, Zachary Graves Mansion, Rustin Parr’ house, The Amityville House and even a very Evil remote cabin in the woods. Now you have been hired by the eccentric millionaire Frederick Loren to investigate…

THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL

Enter the House

Turn the console power switch off before inserting or removing

the THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL cartridge. This will protect the electronic components and prolong the life of your Atari 2600 Video Computer System game.

Plug your Joystick into the LEFT CONTROLLER jack for a one-player game; plug a second Joystick into the right controller jack for two-player games. Hold the controller with the fire button to your upper left, toward the television screen.

See your owner's manual for details.

Press the fire button on your Joystick Controller to start the game. Use your Joystick to move up, down, and sideways down the long hallways. To capture a spooky creature simply grab it by running into it. Press GAME SELECT to choose a one or two player game. The numeral 1 appears at the lower left side of screen to indicate a one-player game, and the numeral 2 appears at lower left to

indicate a two-player game.

Press GAME RESET to stop a game in progress and return to the THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL title screen. Set the TV TYPE switch to color to play the game on a color set. Set it to B/W to play on a black and white television. The DIFFICULTY switches have no function in THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL.

Spooky Creatures

The Ghost Hunter has to try and complete 3 progressively hard levels of THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL.

Each level has eight spooky creatures. After you capture 50 spooky creatures, the next level will start.

As you progress through the House, the spooky creatures move faster and arrive more frequently.

When you finish capturing all eight spooky creatures, you immediately start the next level.

In each of the three levels the spooky creatures haunt you in the same sequence - you start with Ghosts and end with Ghouls. If you survive all three levels you are rewarded with a surprise "Spooky Creature." What could it be???

You start the game with three lives. Each time you touch a Tombstone you lose a life. The game ends when you lose your last life.

You win bonus lives at: 10,000 points, 30,000, 50,000,

80,000, 110,000, 150,000, and every 40,000 points thereafter.

The maximum number of lives that can be displayed on screen at

once is four; the maximum you can have is eight.

Evil Jack-Lanterns

After you finish the second set of Ghosts in the first level, the

game pauses and the Evil Jack-Lanterns appear on the screen. This

is a warning that from here on the game gets crazier because

the Spooky Creatures come at you faster and faster.

Scoring

You can score a total 999,999 points before the score rolls over.

FOOD POINTS

Ghosts 50

Witches 100

Skulls 200

Ghosts 300

Magic Urns 400

Ghouls 500

Necronomicons 500

Ghouls 500

Missing Heads 500

Tombstone Tips

Don't stay near the edge of the screen. This is where an item

first appears and you won't have time to see if it's a Spooky Creature or a Tombstone. When a Tombstone comes between you and a spooky creature wait until the path is clear to move up or down the screen.

Remember that you can wait in a single path as long as you like.

You won't be penalized, and it may give you more time to plan

your strategy.

"Mr. Pritchard you said they found hands and feet and things like that but they never found any head well would you like to see one of those heads? Would you all like to see one of those heads?" - Nora Manning

Than just make it through 3 levels of House on Haunted Hill and the missing heads will appear.

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_1.png

Ghosts

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_2.png

Witches

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_3.png

Skulls

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_5.png

Evil Jack-o-Lanterns

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_4.png

Ghost

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_12.png

Book Of the Dead

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_6.png

Magic Urn

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_8.png

Dark Ghosts

House_On_Haunted_Hill_T_18.png

The Long Lost Heads

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

castle.jpg

William Castle, Creator of House on Haunted Hill and the master of Gimmicks, wonder how he would approach a cart release????

Keeping in mind William Castle is the master of gimmicks I wanted to do something special for this release but I wanted to get some feedback first, This is not set in stone but I was thinking of a limited edition Box Set that comes with The Cart, manual and a 3-D DVD of House on Haunted Hill and 3-D glasses. No Word yet on the cost but it could retail in the area of $40-$50 so before making them I wanted to see if there was any interest in an extremly limited Box Set???

Please PM me if you would be interested (you are under no obligation to buy)

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by usinoh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

House on Haunted Hill Cart release and Contest..............

For some unknown reason I have lost contact with my Label/box maker I know he has been overloaded recently and wanted to take some time off so I thought this might be a great time for a SALEM FROST LABEL MAKING CONTEST!!!

If you have label making talents and want a FREE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL CART and 3-D DVD than this is a contest for you, just post the labels on here and I will poll the Cart buyers for the best label on 05/20/07 the winner gets a FREE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL CART and 3-D DVD plus a few other extras I have lying around from past cart releases....

This will be the first SALEM FROST CART created by Albert and the Atariage staff, the cost will be $25.00 Plus shipping and you also get a DVD of House on Haunted Hill in 3-D (3-D glasses not included)!! I will start taking pre-orders immediatly, please PM me if you are interested:

1)4ever2600 (Paid)

2)gambler172 (Paid)

3)neotokeo2001

4)skem

5)chuys450 (paid)

6)Wonder007 (paid)

7)Anonymous

8.)Ataripitbull (Paid)

9)chubsta (Paid)

10)Brucep.

11)Firebug (Paid)

12)plaidbrad3141 (Paid)

13)godsey1 (Paid)

14)TimsterAA (Paid)

15)FABombjoy (Paid)

16)Longhorn Engineer (Contest Winner)

17)Tim

18)Ebay

Due to High Demand I have increased the limit of this release, I will take orders through Sunday the 20th.

Edited by usinoh

The Label contest is over and I now must stop taking orders. I will send the files to Albert so he can create the carts as soon as I receive a few more payments to cover my upfront costs.

I am hard at work on making the HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL 3-D DVD's, I created a cool menu screen using some of the label artwork and added music from the original soundtrack to the menu screens. I am also using a LIGHTSCRIBE DVD burner on the DVD's the overall effect is very nice.

Thanks again to everyone who is supporting this cart release.

Update 5/23/07

I am almost done with the DVD's which look pretty cool I must say. The carts are being made as we speak and I hope to hear they are done by the weekend. Now would be a good time for anyone who has not paid to make the payment so I can finish things up on my end and prepare the packaging. I hope to have these all out the door next week.

Thanks Again for everyone who supported this and all of my releases.

Tim

Update 05/31/07

Just a quick status update, Albert is busy right now with the Midwest Gaming Classic and will work on the cart as soon as thats over next week, I am sure the carts will be worth the wait. Thanks for your patience.

In other news I hope to find time this weekend to add the finishing touches to the LORDI and Assault on Precinct 13 games. And I already started my next hack but I don't want to say to much about that just yet but it does feature one of the most popular ATARI 2600 characters of all time...like you have never seen him before (insert evil laugh here :twisted: )

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Now that Albert is back from the Midwest Gaming Classic he should be putting the finishing touches on the HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL Carts, sorry for the delay next time I won't schedule a release around a major Gaming convention. I will let you all know when the carts are completed.

Thanks, Tim

Hello All,

Now that Albert is back from the Midwest Gaming Classic he should be putting the finishing touches on the HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL Carts, sorry for the delay next time I won't schedule a release around a major Gaming convention. I will let you all know when the carts are completed.

Thanks, Tim

As Tim said, the onus for the delay is on me. I am going to be gone for a few days, but I will be busting my ass to get these carts out to Tim next week so he can ship them to everyone. I apologize for the delay, I should not have taken on this project with two scheduled shows in the span of a two week period..

..Al

Hello All,

Thanks, Tim

As Tim said, the onus for the delay is on me. I am going to be gone for a few days, but I will be busting my ass to get these carts out to Tim next week so he can ship them to everyone. I apologize for the delay, I should not have taken on this project with two scheduled shows in the span of a two week period..

..Al

Hi Al

No problem,i can wait......

greetings Walter

• 3 weeks later...