IGNORED

When do you buy games?

I tend to buy games when they are older and used. Or at least have been out a while and the price comes down. If a game really strikes me, I will pre-order it or buy it at the best price I can find. I tend to go in streaks. I won't buy anything for a while. Then in a week or two buy several games.

I pre-ordered Dreamcast with 2 games (Hydro Thunder and Mortal Kombat Gold). Also, Asheron's Call Dark Majesty Expansion I preordered.

I bought Metal Gear Solid 2 the day it came out.

I was holding a used copy of Burnout in my hands today but I put it back.

I got G Darius off e-Bay.

I buy all my PS2 and PSX games used at my local game store or used at blackbuster. Every now and then ata target when they have a sale. I got Shawn Palmer pro snow boarder from blackbuster last sunday for $12 on PS2.

If you're looking for Dreamcast games, this week only all BEST BUY stores are taking 50% off all DC games in stock. While the selection is rather poor, I did end up getting a copy of Mark of the Wolves for only $9.99. They seem to have plenty of NFL 2K (the first one) and Virtua Tennis games, as well as an overwhelming number of KISS Psycho Circus copies.

I buy games when I find them at a reasonable price, but I don't think that's what you mean.

I haven't bought a newly released mainstream game for a long, long time. When was Star Wars Episode 1 out? Somwhere around there I bought Episode 1 racer for the Gameboy -- that was probably my last new-new purchase.

Mostly I like to pickup new games from bargain bins, which typcially means at the end of the console's life span.

However, the PS2 just dropped in price here in Australia, so I'll probably be buying one or two new games this weekend. Wipeout Fusion will be one, and something Uber-new will be another. Not sure what the latest PS2 releases are here in Oz...

I always wait until the games come down in price... that's why the Dreamcast is such a great system in my opinion :) The only game I've paid full price for on the Dreamcast was NHL 2K2 for $64 Canadian... everything else I got for $35 or less. Previously, when all I had was my Gameboy and Jaguar, I used to buy all my games brand new. I wised up pretty fast when I realized how cheap they get if I just wait a while.

--Zero