IGNORED

New P:R: device for the Atari?

ataridano

My speed is capped ATM to a piddly 128/128.

I'll upload or host somewhere once I'm back to my full 8 megabit speed (hopefully within the next several hours).

I would have just posted the link to where I originally got the PDFs, but recently lost most of my Atari bookmarks.

Howdy Rybags, Folks

Of the above links, two of them (number 1 and number 3) link to the same file (part one of the 16555 manual).

Since Rybags already posted the link to part 3 earlie, that shouldn't be a problem though.

Greetings

Mathy

I got the circuit boards today, and was hoping to play around with an "extra" one hooked to the Atari, but forgot to bring a couple parts with me :( Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Anyway, serial and parallel I/O are mostly working, so as long as I wired the SIO connector right everything should be good. This board looks to draw about 40mA, is that pushing it for the SIO 5V line (specs say 50mA) if other devices draw power too, or am I okay? Now if I can just figure out the SIO commands needed to make things work, I'll be set!

• 2 weeks later...

Are scans of the P:R manual still needed? If so, I will try to make scans this week.

They might be nice to have, but honestly I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote recently so things haven't gone to far on my end yet. I think I understand what the hardware needs to do, it's just a matter of figuring out the format of the SIO commands and some help with a handler that I'm currently missing. I think I should have a little more time on my hands next week after loosing an hour of daylight to daylight savings, I've been trying to finish up outside stuff while I still can!