IGNORED

DEMON ATTACK/PHOENIX mix-hack?

lucifershalo

I know that a lof of people are not keen about that idea, but personally I would like to have a DEMON ATTACK colourful game with a motherbase (if possible in the same thin-colourful design as the demons) for 2600.

Does it exist?

No, but it could be changed to include one. There's a bit of ram to spare in Demon Attack (and a bit more can be had by altering the existing ram allocation so that temps share the stack...or by using redundancy to eliminate stack use)...and 4k games can pretty easily be changed to use bankswitching. Then a seperate kernal or sub-kernal can be created, with a ram location controlling the swap between them.

Alternately, you could just hack the Phoenix sprites to look like the Demon Attack sprites.

In fact, somewhere on this forum Pac Munchkin discussed a program that allows you to substitute the actual sprite from one game to another.

I didn't so much say a program that lets me do that so much as I opened two well at that time Bit-Hacker programs, and I copied bit by bit the sprites from one to the other. So if I were to do it now it would be two Hack-O-Matic III's side by side and I am not sure on this but maybe I can copy an entire spite from one to the other, I haven't tried yet but the way the new HOMIII is I wouldn't be surprised if I could.

Wade