IGNORED

Shannon's Blog - No guts, no glory part II (awecade)

RSS Bot

This is another picture that I've been meaning to take but was too lazy to take off the front panel in order to take it.

This is a shot of the inside where the monitor sits. If you notice, the shelf it sits on has two bolts that if removed will allow you to slide the monitor out, if need be. The monitor is an IBM monitor, and big, and heavy!! :lol: This thing probably makes up a good percentage of the weight of the awecades unit.

There is really not much more to the picture, other than to show how easy this thing is to take a part if it needs to be serviced or worked on.

On another note, I meant to mention something about the ventilation slots. When I had moved my awecade unit into it's new home I had temporarily covered it with a sheet to protect it from dust that is produced by my prairie dogs bedding. When I next played the unit I just lifted up the sheet enough to play it, and later when I went to remove it I noticed that it was pretty hot up there. So be sure not to block those vents, that monitor cranks out some serious heat.

blog-3211-1160431250_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2156