IGNORED

Anything you wish you hadn't passed up on?

Rik

Fall of 1984, well after the crash, Kay-Bee Toys had a bin full of "discontinued" 2600 titles (what WASN'T discontinued then?!). Many of the games in the bin were grey-box Atari re-releases. BUT, there were also 6 copies of LOCHJAW at $6.99 each. I thought to myself, I have Shark Attack, why do I need Lochjaw??? Those were the days...

• 2 weeks later...

-Yeah,around 1997 I saw KayBee selling Jaguars new for $30,wish I had got one(but I did get a new Sega CD for $20!)

Later on,I saw Jag CD systems for about the same price there.

Saw a 32x develpment kit on Ebay,went for relatively cheap.Wish I got that,but wasnt sure if it was legit-

Yeah, I remember KB having some NIB Jaguars w/Cybermorph for $30. That's how I got mine. I still have the box and every paper that came with it. They also had Checkered Flag NIB for $10, the 4 controller adaptor (can't remember the name) NIB for $3, and later on they had a copy of Tempest 2000 for $10, also NIB. I got all of em.

Then, a couple weeks later, the local Savers had a used, boxed AvP for the Jag for $12. It doesn't have the overlays or instructions; just the box, sleeve, and cartridge. Needless to say, I DID NOT pass that up.

One thing I did pass up I regret was a boxed Lynx II at SLacker's in Fairview Heights, Il. I just got a Nomad and my mom didn't see the need for me to have a Lynx as well. It was like $20 or something like that.

Kevin

Back in 85,at "TOYS-R-US",There was an entire display cabinet,almost the whole length of the store,which was at least 40-50 feet long,full of INTV,ATARI 2600,COLECOVISION,ETC,cartridges,most were half price,and i just bought ONE,yes,ONE game,'DONKEY KONG JR."for the COLECOVISION.If I had known then that there was going to be a classic video game crash,I would,or should have, went to the nearest bank machine,taken out at least a thousand dollars,and bought all the games I could fit in the shopping cart.Man I wish I could go back in time!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rik