IGNORED

Which flight sim is the best?

shadow460

I busted out Tomcat and Super Huey both tonight. I also have booted up Ace of Aces and F-18 once or twice each, but I have not gotten deep into them.

Other flight sim games I've played include Top Gun 1 and 2 on the NES, Solar Eclipse on the Saturn, Horizon V on an Apple II, and a plethora of flight sims on the 2600. Barring the space types leaves Air Raiders.

Am I missing something here, or does Air Raiders beat them all? Ya know, I really do appreciate the attention to detail in Tomcat, and I loved the jump in and play arcade action of Super Huey. You can play Huey without really knowing what you're doing, you know, just mash the gas and shoot. Tomcat gets more into detail and playing it like you stole it will only get you killed.

But still, many of my favorite flight sims are slick and fast. Top Gun 2 is kinda choppy but it keeps up the pace. Air Raiders is just plain smooth.

I think in this case less is more. Even without the space games, I kinda like the 2600 games better here.

But don't start flaming just yet, 'cause I didn't say I hated the 7800 flight sims (although Ace of Aces does make a good paperweight). Watch yer six 'cause I might catch ya from behind.

Someone tell me what the best of the 7800 bunch is, and I'll go play it.

LOL

LOL

LOL

Asking which is the best flight sim in the 7800 library is like asking which is the best way to die.

To me, Ace of Aces is like passing away in your sleep. The rest are like being burned and/or having body parts ripped off of your body with your mom and your Jr. High gym coach watching

Cousin Vinnie

Edited by Cousin Vinnie