IGNORED

Just added to the collection

Somebody stop me!!! Please!!

Just scored this TT030 for a good price. The 16meg memory board was a little more than I really wanted to pay but at least I'll be able to max the TT out. The 2meg board, I am hoping, will work in my MegaST2, since the doc looks like the upgrade is for ST and TT.

Atari TT030 Computer

Atari TT030 16mg RAM Expansion Board

Atari TT030 2mg RAM Expansion Board

Now, I just need to find a MegaSTe and Falcon

Edited by Guitarman

The ST-Ram board will give your TT four megs of ST-Ram.

Then add the TT-Ram board and you'll have a fairly nice system.

If you add a bigger hard drive and networking card you'll have a really powerful machine though a bit crippled by the graphics.

On the web it'll run like hell compared to a 030 Falcon. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got the TT030 system this weekend. What a nice system. I put the ST and TT ram modules in and fired it up. I have a Dell 19" monitor attached that gets me all the video modes except for the TT high res. The thing is loaded with software. It has Geneva, NeoDesk4, MinT, the list goes on. Now the task of backing all the software up to disks since it didn't come with any. Should keep me busy for a while.

Still waiting on the 1040 STe.

Unfortunatly, just what's on the HD right now. I did e-mail the seller to see if the disks are available. It also has the ICD HD utilities on one of the partitions. I'm pretty sure most of the folders on 1 or 2 of the drive partitions are just copies of disks. If so, then I probably have the installs for some of the software.

Can you tell me if the TT will recognize a JAZ drive?? I am probably going to back up the HD to a JAZ cart. I know the SCSI port on the Atari is the old 25pin connector but I have the SCSI-1 to SCSI-2 adaptor. Plus I have an old NEC SCSI CD Drive somewhere. I guess I'll have to track that down.

Edited by Guitarman

Shame, I just thrown away my Mega STe (and two SLM 804).

I bet you also still need a Atari 260ST?

Yup. you're right!! Don't have one of those yet!! I did just score my Falcon from the person I got the TT030 from. Comes with a load of software, composite and SVGA adaptors, original disks and docs and about 15 Atari format CD's of extra contect for Desktop Publishing, graphics and so on. Got it all for $375.00. Probably about adverage price but I have seen the Falcons go for much more. Now......Just the Mega STe (and, of course, 260ST)

I am probably going to back up the HD to a JAZ cart.

Jaz disk? Yikes! Just destroy the data yourself and cut out the middle man. :P

LOL!!! You are probably right. I did get the JAZ partitioned out to 10 200mb drives (it's a 2gig JAZ) but I can only access it if I load HD Driver or the ICDPro driver. I think I have a SCSI CD drive tucked away somewhere. Gonna have to find that.

Edited by Guitarman

That's life...

Someone just asked me for drum units for Atari laser printers.

I could have pointed him to two printers instead...

And just atm someone is searching for a Mega/STe on Atari-Home...

And Mega/STe's are something you still can get relatively much money for...

Mega STs/STe, well, sometimes they fetch more but right at the moment there are approx 10 Mega STs on German ebay, going for between Euro 1.00 - Euro 50.00. Here's a Mega STe for Euro 10.00:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ATARI-Mega-STE-Monitor-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one for Euro 6.50:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Atari-MegaSTE-mit-S-W-H...1QQcmdZViewItem

Even a 804 for Euro 2.00 (Interface and cable extra)(3 days to go and no bids yet). Some cheap TTs on German ebay at the mo too. And Porfolios.

So they are very easy to replace....

All Atari listing:

http://computer.listings.ebay.de/Klassisch...ListingItemList

Edited by thomasholzer