IGNORED

Baltimore Arcade Auction

Cassidy Nolen

Talk about bad timing....same weekend as VGXPO. I have done ok at this auction before (mostly due in part to industry sellers clearing out the campgrounds and beaches and stupid buyers bidding 1400 on Centipedes and Asteroids) but that was as a seller/operator.

Anyway, Timonium Fairgrounds, Friday Oct. 27 viewing and Saturday auction. Some pieces will have a Buy Now option. If they don't sell they will be auctioned late on Saturday...

www.auctiongamesales.com

1-800-551-0660

Just got it in the mail today.

Cassidy

Iggy*SJB' date='Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:06 PM' post='1153537']

I have no room.

I have no room.

I have no room.

I have no room.

(Have to keep talking myself out of going there.)

I have no room.

I have no room.

Yeah Me too I have to say the same thing

I get to Timmonium 1 or twice a year for the Hamfests Mainly the 2 day event Wife said I could go on Oct 27

IF I do a good job with our anniversary on the 21st

Id have to take her car and not my truck as to keep from coming home with things I have no room for :D

Talk about bad timing....same weekend as VGXPO. I have done ok at this auction before (mostly due in part to industry sellers clearing out the campgrounds and beaches and stupid buyers bidding 1400 on Centipedes and Asteroids) but that was as a seller/operator.

Cassidy

Wow. Are they really mobbed like this?

http://www.auctiongamesales.com/images/ags/mvc-015s.jpg

Cassidy

Wow. Are they really mobbed like this?

http://www.auctiongamesales.com/images/ags/mvc-015s.jpg

ha-ha!! check out the guy with the recliner on a dolly! talk about a lazy fat shit! :D

Looks about right. That would be one of the two mobs if it were Winston-Salem a few years ago....

That guy on the chair kills me. He is one of the big dealers from NC IIRC. He runs most of the beach stuff and that is his equipment for sale. Never actually seen him bid on anything he didn't already own (buy backs....I think)

C

Iggy*SJB' date='Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:06 PM' post='1153537']

I have no room.

I have no room.

I have no room.

I have no room.

(Have to keep talking myself out of going there.)

I have no room.

I have no room.

Yeah Me too I have to say the same thing

I get to Timmonium 1 or twice a year for the Hamfests Mainly the 2 day event Wife said I could go on Oct 27

IF I do a good job with our anniversary on the 21st

Id have to take her car and not my truck as to keep from coming home with things I have no room for :D

I had a coworker offer to meet me out there with her truck. I was so tempted... Thing is, part of the reason I have no room, is that my wife had a lot of stuff accumulated, which I'm currently going through(as time permits)...and splitting up with the kids. I mentioned in another thread, that my wife died about 2 months ago(ovarian cancer). It's probably a good thing I don't have room....because I definitely don't have the money.

If she were still alive, I'd go...just to see if I could pick up a Donkey Kong machine for her.

I used to hit the hamfests out there, both the BARC and BRATS ones. I used to pick up some good deals there. I've been out of the loop for the past few years....how are those shows these days?

Iggy*SJB' date='Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:10 PM' post='1155344']

I had a coworker offer to meet me out there with her truck. I was so tempted... Thing is, part of the reason I have no room, is that my wife had a lot of stuff accumulated, which I'm currently going through(as time permits)...and splitting up with the kids. I mentioned in another thread, that my wife died about 2 months ago(ovarian cancer). It's probably a good thing I don't have room....because I definitely don't have the money.

If she were still alive, I'd go...just to see if I could pick up a Donkey Kong machine for her.

I used to hit the hamfests out there, both the BARC and BRATS ones. I used to pick up some good deals there. I've been out of the loop for the past few years....how are those shows these days?

I didn't read about your family's terrible misfortune in the previous thread Iggy - humble condolences. :(

I live in Oxford, PA about 35 miles from Baltimore (and Philly) if you ever need a truck to pick up stuff or simply fancy a quick beer give me shout.

I wouldn't mind a meet up for a beer or two....or three....etc....... :)

I appreciate your condolences. I posted about it(for the first time on this forum) in the Breast Cancer cart thread, in the 2600 area.

I would certainly be up to meeting a fellow "vintage gamer", and tossing back a few. Maybe we could make a party of it? Right now, we are being slammed at work(I work at a greenhouse/nursery)...so I have very little free time. Perhapse sometime later in Nov? Work will be winding down for the winter, while we start doing production work for the spring season.

I also appreciate the offer for the help....but I really can't spare the cash for another game. I really wish I could, though...I would love to have about 6 games in here. :ponder:

Missile Command, Donkey Kong, Scramble, Gorf, Star Gate, and Berzerk.

Before that can happen, though...I need to unload some of my vintage computer collection.

Yes, my condolences as well I remember you talking about that a few months ago when you gave me those pictures of your games.

Quote "I live in Oxford, PA about 35 miles from Baltimore (and Philly) if you ever need a truck to pick up stuff or simply fancy a quick beer give me shout."

How many other people from the PA area near Philly I’m like 20 some miles like a 15 min drive from Philly in Wallingford PA. I have had as of yet to meet other people near me who collect arcade games.

Oh and there are some Cherry hill NJ auctions coming up soon as well, I think next weekend and one in Dec.

• 2 weeks later...
Iggy*SJB' date='Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:10 PM' post='1155344']

I didn't read about your family's terrible misfortune in the previous thread Iggy - humble condolences. :(

I live in Oxford, PA about 35 miles from Baltimore (and Philly) if you ever need a truck to pick up stuff or simply fancy a quick beer give me shout.

Hi there, found this thread in a google search. was looking for upcoming auctions. Noticed that you are in Oxford, Im in New London (Lincoln Univ). Tried to get down there to this Baltimore show but didnt see this till Friday night and tried to join but they didnt give me posting rights till today. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Im not a collecter but had three stand up machines a few years back and was looking to get them back. Dave.