IGNORED

2600 Original Console Hack vs FB2 Hack

1. Which one would you give a better picture quality, heavy or light sixer AV mod or FB2 hack?

2. Is it possible to use heavy or light sixer casing to host the FB2 mod? Can I use the casing original switches and cartridge slot with FB2 mod?

Edited by Hendra

1. Which one would you give a better picture quality, heavy or light sixer AV mod or FB2 hack?

FB2 hack, no question... since it's already been made to run on composite. You can make an older unit run with it, but it wasn't designed to, it has an overly weak signal in general. The only issue is the incompatibility with some games.

2. Is it possible to use heavy or light sixer casing to host the FB2 mod? Can I use the casing original switches and cartridge slot with FB2 mod?

I don't see why not, I have a Vader here that will serve as the case when I finally get around to doing my mod.

FB2 hack, no question... since it's already been made to run on composite. You can make an older unit run with it, but it wasn't designed to, it has an overly weak signal in general. The only issue is the incompatibility with some games.

The FB2 outputs composite video. A normal 2600 can be hacked for S-video. I bought an 8-bit Domain mod board for my 7800. The composite output is wonky (I looked at with a scope and the waveforms are Just Plain Wrong) but the S-video output is gorgeous.